Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I've had a bulb go (or i thought i had) so I've started to replace today.

the issue I've found is with number plate fitted, they are a right ball ache to get to, hand up behind, an get the bulb back fitted etc.

anyway, i had the joy of the bulb coming out of its connection, an falling into the light plastic bit!! :mad:

so i tried to unscrew the actual unit, but being little phillip screws this was near on impossible, assume from never being undone since fitted.

so my only option was to remove the rear bumper, which was not to hard to do anyway.

once removed i could actually see the units, an they don't look like they was there as standard, as they appear to be velcrowed int the inside of the bumper. little did i know.

to cut the story short , is there a different option of number plate lights that i could fit, that are much simpler to change without the nigggly jiggly nonsense.

i have an 8 with a 9 rear bumper, so I'm also curious to know if they are actually from a 9 bumper or just been fitted.

any advice, pointers are much appreciated as always!

thanks in advance

dan

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Don't the evo 9 bumpers come with a different mounting bracket, different to the evo 8 bumpers? Or I'd the actual bulb holder broken?

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't the evo 9 bumpers come with a different mounting bracket, different to the evo 8 bumpers? Or I'd the actual bulb holder broken?
tbh i don't know, the ones that are fitted to the bumper are velcrowed in. which leads me to believe there not correct.

its not broken , but accessibility with rear bumper on is near on impossible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts