Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the rear fog light, I know we are supposed to have one by law, but do I have to have this ugly little b****** stuck on the back of my car. Is there some other way of fitting it. A mate of mine who used to work for Toyota said they used to fit another bulb in one of the back lights, but I can't see that being right. Has anyone got any suggestions or have you all got these horrid after market fog lights?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Interestingly, I don't have one on my UK supplied RSX - but have those two extra bits of plastic.

I thought it was a rear reflector, not a fog light... could be wrong though...

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sanjeev, who comes to most of the southern meets, has got the best fog light i have seen, it is a super thin row of LED's which fits in the bottom on the bumber (where this is a gap anyway).

he got his car from warrenders, must be able to get one from elsewhere, i think sanjeev is coming to boxhill on saturday if you want to see it.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Red bulb in one of the reversing reflecter pods wired to a seperate switch left hand side steering column.
Fog should be on right hand looking from the rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure a fog light replacing the one reversing light is strictly legal, I remember it being debated on here before. It could that it is too close to the brake light. Again, Im not sure about the legality of the slim line one in the bumper. Has anyone actually got their car through an MOT with one of these?

You can buy the boot clusters that Blade has on his RSX from Co-Ordsport that contain a fog light for about £40. Thats what I did on my old 4, but they have the clusters there already as reflectors. I'm not sure if they look ok or not on a 6, but if you do like it it's a neat solution.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
My fog light arrangment is as Shorty describes, my V has just sailed through it`s first M.O.T. without any questions.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
The foglight/reversing light swap over bodge is illegal as it is too close to the brake light and the fact that you got it through the MOT like it means they weren't doing their job properly. Then again I have never known any MOT tester to do the job exactly to the book anyway as there is too much that is left to the discretion of the tester, my uncle was an MOT tester so I know ;)
Brake light LED's used as foglights are also illegal HOWEVER there are some LED type foglights about that are legal, I think someone said that they are off a Proton? I believe Warranders fit them so ask them.
Personally I wouldn't want to give a copper the slightest excuse for stopping me so I have a proper square jobbie tucked under the rear valance at just above the legal minimum height ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Why dont you get the double fog lights as the have on the LHDs? I personally like them better.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Claudiuslow

I bought a pair of the pukkha rear fog lights for LHD a while ago, but haven't fitted them because you need to cut holes in the boot lid. Could you, or any one else please take a template from the LHD car so that I can cut the right hole in the right place?

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I had the boot mounted fog lights fitted to my VI when I got it. Saves for that ugly hole that gets cut into the bumper. Have also seen the high intensity brake light strips used in the vent gap in the bumper quite effectively... mate of mine also uses the same on his STI 5.
From recollection, the genuine Mitsi fog lights were about £65 a pair.

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Lee

Rob (Silver 6 at Santa Pod) has got one of those really thin LED jobbys under his spoiler. His is a BMW rear brake light that they have in their rear spoilers and he thinks they are about £80 to buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts