Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, days ago i refilled my AYC reservoir tank, after a week i'm noticed that the reservoir is empty, my mechanic checked the differential oil and noticed that the ayc oil is mixing with the rear differential oil, he says that i need to buy the oil seal retainers to solve the problem. I found some internal diagrams of my rear diff but i can't find the oil seal retainer that i need to buy.

Car 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR.

Can you help me finding the right retainers to solve my problem?. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
185 Posts
Couple of things, you sure that it hasnt had the wrong oil put in the other part of the rear diff? If the fluid has gone down in the boot reservoir there will be loads of air in the ayc pump now, i have no idea on the internals between the 2 parts so no idea on seals.

· Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Best bet is a new diff.

Sounds like you've got two problems, the seal of one or both of the "pistons" which apply pressure to the plates have failed (or there's a leak somewhere in the circuit) and the seal that keeps the AYC fluid out of the differential gears has failed.

I'm not sure if the "piston" seals are available and it's a bit of a pain to get the "pistons" back in once they're removed. Same goes for the seals which separate the two halves of the diff.

I was getting the oils mixing in my diff, rebuilt with different internals which fixed it for a while but the oils are mixing again now.

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.