Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Depends what car you are talking about! Non-AYC or an AYC car?
An AYC car requires a GL5 spec Hypoid gear oil for the differential, just get the best fully synthetic 'Extreme Pressure' (make sure it's suitable for Hypoid gears) GL5 spec gear oil you can (75W90).
A non-AYC car will require a LSD oil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sugar i put in silkolene boa 90 ls will this cause any damage?should i have just put in normal stuff ,the car has ayc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recommend Castrol Diaqueen ATFIII for the AYC and 75/90 for the diff.
Get it changed quick!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It all depends on what you put where!
There are 3 different oils associated with the AYC. The only one I recommend you change is the diff oil as the AYC fluid and ATFSPII should be changed by your garage anyway at the 4,500 mile service. The diff oil is only changed every 45,000 miles according to the shedule, I would change it every 9,000 - 13,500 miles.
Unfortunately Boa 90 means nothing to me other than it is probably XXW90 gear oil. Check the bottle or check on the web to find out what spec it is (GL5 etc.). Also see if it is suitable for Hypoid gears (high shear forces).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the boa 90 ls is limited slip, this was recommended by my local silkolene supplier it is mil 2105b|PLS|api gl5 approved trouble is its 4 a slip diff
axle will it damage the ayc or will it just not work properly i,m droppin it out in the morning anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts