Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had there rear diff explode, well mine just has.I had just fitted a new clutch and covered about 100 miles then out of the blue it blew.I was in fourth gear flat out doing around 100mph, i heard a bang and somthing hitting the underside of the car, looked in my mirror and saw a puff of smoke or so i thought at the time but later realised it was fluid.I also noticed a loud rumbling/grinding sound,i thought it had somthing to do with the clutch that i had just done.On closer inspection, the diff casing at the bottom about 15cm by 5cm was not there any more,now i need a new one (********).Has anyone any explination for this as im a bit puzzeled as to why it let go? I am looking for a second hand unit for my E5 does anyone have any ideas where to get one.If you can help me i would be very grateful im desperate as i can no longer use the money pit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it an ayc diff, and which part of the diff let go? if the ayc pressure plates are ok i might be able to help,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a GSR with active yaw control. the clutches look ok, the pinion and crown gears are buggered as is the casting around these two components. I had a better look today,still not sure of the reason, poss tooth on pinion broke and took the rest with it.A friend of mine can get hold of a E6 GSR rear diff with low milage for £750 might go that root as i have heard you cant get replacement parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts