Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in desparate need of some rear pads for the Evo VI, so rang up Demon Tweeks (you can tell how desparate!) and they reckon that there are a variety of different calipers fitted to Evo VIs (gravel, tarmac, etc) so they've got different pad shapes so some don't fit. I can understand this on RSs, RSXs, etc, but not on GSRs (which is what mine is). However, if there are different types of calipers, with Brembo's usual supply chain efficiency I can see Mitsi fitting whatever they've got lying about.

I've never heard this before - is it garbage or are they accurate? I'm at work so can't pull a pad out and draw round it!! If anyone happens to know the correct part number for the rears for Bembo or EBC, please could you let me know.

If there are different front callipers (which I doubt even more than there being different rear callipers) then maybe it explains why some discs warp and some don't?

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALL Lancer Evo VI GSR's have 2 pot Brembo calipers on the rear. The only variation in calipers is if you have a bog standard RS as the rear calipers are Mitsubishi single pot items.
The RS versions usually have the Brembos fitted as an upgrade option.

Of course Demon could well be talking about competition cars where you can fit whatever you like but that can apply to any car!
Some people like to think they know more than they do, end up talking ******** and baffling you when a simple check in a book would have sourced you the correct pads.
Try them again and tell them you have a Lancer Evo VI GSR with OE Brembo 2-pot rears and if they don't know what pads you need then go somewhere else.

I got a set of rear Brembo pads from Dragon Autosport with no problems for £60. I will see if I can find the part number tonight as I haven't fitted them yet. Dragon also stock other makes as well.
Have a look at the 'any guarantees on brake discs' thread for contact details of Dragon Autosport.

The front calipers are Brembo 4 pot items the same as fitted to the Ferrari F40. Of course the Ferrari had better discs and smaller pads and therefore they don't warp

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers HH6,

That's what I thought, to be honest. Has anyone tried F40 pads on Evo VI discs?

I've been talking to Alan at Dragon, but as I'm disorganised and didn't give him a lot of warning the cars booked in tomorrow and Brembo have come over all Italian supplying the bits so I've had to pick up some parts from elsewhere (unfortunately!). When the bits come in (I supect they'll turn up on Monday http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > I'll get a spare set of front and amp; rear pads from Dragon, as they don't last very long in my tender care [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

I've found some rear pads from a bloke in Yorkshire - hopefully they'll turn up. Just for info, Mitsi want £321|PLS|VAT for the rear pads too - Alan quoted me about £50 inc VAT for the Brembos, and the ones I've got coming cost me £63 inc VAT and amp; postage - someone somewhere is taking the ****. It's cheaper to buy front and amp; rear pads and Group N cross drilled front discs from Alan than a set of front pads from Mitsubishi!!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could someone give me a contact number and possibly an email address for Alan at Dragon as i will need some brake bads shortly. he quoted 50 for a rear brake pad. that price sounds too good to be true. i have to pay the equivelant to 1,000 pounds for a complete set of front and rear from my mitsubishi dealer. as this is the only place to get the pads on the island; it would probably work out alot cheaped (even including shipping) to order them from Dragon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan and amp; Dragon are at 01206 865444 (outside UK |PLS|44 1206 865444).

There is a web site, but they're much better at fixing cars than this webstuff, so I'd go with the phone if I were you!!

Good luck!

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think F40 pads fit the Mitsubishi discs or they do but are hard to source and are expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts