Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You get to see less out of the rear window, and you burn slightly more fuel due to increased drag... :D

It adds more downforce at the rear at high speed (read: more than 100mph), so ups the limit of grip during *high* speed cornering. However for road use, the general consensus I've heard is don't bother , as you don't notice a difference until you're past the ton anyway.

Crank it down if you track it (for maximum possible grip), but leave it up for the road... I'm pretty sure the difference in downforce between the 2 extremes is probably around 5% or so...

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When this subject last, I seem to remember discovering that at 100mph the rear wing gave 10 kgs of downforce in the max position. Downforce is not linear, but goes up by the power of 4 (or at least that is what an aeronauhtical engineer told me!). Therefore, at low speed, it gives very little except drag!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course there is the cosmetic side of it should be considered too IMO. I think the spoiler looks better when adjusted for maximum downforce, although it may not actually help in day to day driving it looks better than in the flat position I reckon. :)

DT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you watch Tommi drive it, it doesnt look like there is much grip in the back... :D

It's plus 12kg at 200kmh, whatever that may mean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have mine in the fully down position,
makes it much safer when you are airborn
(allegedly) http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts