Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have made a few 3rd gear runs and did 4 logs. I have the logs, how and where do i analyse the logfiles, i can view the csv files in excel but i wanted it in a much easier readable format and can i do map tracing to be able to begin mapping my e7 ecu on my e4.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
yeah, load them into the map tracer and you can then tell which part of the map your in and what your results are there

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Just a quick question if anyone knows, i don't use evoscan map tracer but just had a look myself and the window is quiet small on my computer i.e. does not show the whole screen and doesn't allow me to scroll across or resize the window to see it all. On a map scaled to 300 i can only see up to the 240 load and on the lower ignition map it only goes as far as the 3.5k rpm:confused:

Could it be my laptop???

Scott

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
the window doesn't automatically resize itself, i'm affriad you'll have to drag the top along to see the right hand side, but there isn't too much you can do about the bottom unless you can change the resolution of your screen.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
the window doesn't automatically resize itself, i'm affriad you'll have to drag the top along to see the right hand side, but there isn't too much you can do about the bottom unless you can change the resolution of your screen.
If i drag the window over, i still cannot see past the 240 mark:confused: even if i try drag the window to resize/stretch it, it won't allow me to do it...if you get what i mean:rolleyes: if not i'll do a screen shot;)

Does it sound like i need to adjust the resolution? I can view everything else fine just that one screen:wallbang:

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
have you got the correct rom image loaded in the lower region?
also is it a 5/6 ecu? i'm not sure is works correctly with them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok another quick question. When tuning what is recommended the first map to tune or what is the recommended route to take? Most ppl always say start with fueling then attack the ignition map. What you tuning guru's would suggest and why if you don't mind me asking.:D

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If i drag the window over, i still cannot see past the 240 mark:confused: even if i try drag the window to resize/stretch it, it won't allow me to do it...if you get what i mean:rolleyes: if not i'll do a screen shot;)

Does it sound like i need to adjust the resolution? I can view everything else fine just that one screen:wallbang:

Thanks,
Scott
have you 'right click' and loaded the rom into it?

I find map tracer handy for quick views (rough idea) but use the full log in excel for actual tuning.....I find it a lot more accurate and detailed. :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
ok another quick question. When tuning what is recommended the first map to tune or what is the recommended route to take? Most ppl always say start with fueling then attack the ignition map. What you tuning guru's would suggest and why if you don't mind me asking.:D
To start with I'd recommend fuelling first (whilst raising the boost to a desired level)

then go onto the ignition timing....and then back to tweaking fuelling as it will have altered.

Just do a little at a time and you'll be ok.

Once your confidence and most importantly your understanding increases then you'll be altering them all at the same time :smthumbup

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
have you got the correct rom image loaded in the lower region?
also is it a 5/6 ecu? i'm not sure is works correctly with them.
Definately loaded the correct rom image and is from an VIII;)

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
have you 'right click' and loaded the rom into it?

I find map tracer handy for quick views (rough idea) but use the full log in excel for actual tuning.....I find it a lot more accurate and detailed. :smthumbup
I always use excel but just though i'd have a look at evoscan map tracer as there are a few that use it so thought i'd see how easy it is to view really :smthumbup

As my above post, the correct xml/rom file is loaded.....tell you what, i'll do a screen shot then that will help me try and explain a bit better :)

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Ok, here are a couple of screen shots. The top one is all i can see, whether i maximise the page or not.... the second is where i have dragged the page to the side in order to try and 'drag the box side' to make it wider but will not allow this to be done to what you can see in the screen shots is all i can get to see :mad:

Any help would be great :smthumbup

Scott

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
surely if the correct xml/rom is loaded it will be scaled to 300?

seems strange
Just had a look in ecuflash and the rom i'm viewing is only scaled to 260:blush: sorry:eek: ...but still i can only see to the 240 and 'part' of the 260 load.... Also still need to know how to view the bottom half of the timing maps....

Scott

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
just had a quick look at the evoscan I use (v2.1) and on map tracer the only drop downs I have a the top are 'limit values to' and 'data values'

I take it you've tried the other drop downs? (I'm not sure what they do as I dont have them)

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
I know what your on about mate, i've changed them all about but they do diddly squat :mad: (the other 2 are load and engine rpm drop downs)

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Yes pal, the first screen shot is with it maximised actually:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts