Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i removed the std re-circulating dump valve on my E3 GSR, after a mate had done the same to his Skyline R33 GTS-T and now gets mad chatter through the filter.

Mine sounds mental along with some pops between gear changes now, which it didnt do before? Its running std boost, HKS fiter and HKS decat exhaust.

Question is, is this going to damage my turbo now the re-circulation has been taken out even though im only running std boost??

Any advice on this would be great as i dont want to kill my turbo, thanks. ;)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Well it's there for a reason.

If they came this way out of the factory then I'm sure the turbo life would be shorter, by how much who knows.

It may well be ok for years like it, it may bring on premature faliure of a tired blower.. again only time will tell.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may just put it back to std then.

Anyone else removed theirs??

·
Premium Member
8,891 Posts
The valve has been taken off my Evo 2. A previous owner worked at Turbo Technics and ran it with the valve off but I suppose he could always rebuild the turbo cheaply! When used on the track it's great, boost is available instantly after gear changes and it sounds superb but on the road it can cause the turbo to stall which causes a shudder through the engine.
When on the dyno it also holds boost very well, I'm sure even when a new dump valve is fitted there is a small boost leak.

·
Registered
997 Posts
you'll get a mixed bag of opinions on here regarding this one, some says its fine others will disagree!

I think the reason you get the chatter is because the turbo blade are chopping the passing air up, which in turn may cause turbo stall.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was always lead to believe the noise was due to the blades slowing down so fast they try to almost change direction, hence the chattering sound it creates along with the stall of trying to spin up again??

Stop me now if im wrong :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.