Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
gave rc a call today about settin these up they can sqeeze me in next wed they said 3-4 hrs labour is this worth doin as i am running a standard down pipe with magnex decat |PLS|system. fse valve and stage2 pump is on order which i need 2 fit b4 wed the guy said the down pipe will hold it back, r they really that restrictive he said around £140 4 the tuning ,i also have hks racing intake fitted should i wait until i fit the down pipe aswell? if not could some 1 give me some settings 2 suit my set up. iwould like 2 get it summat like b4 febuary 3 as i am goin 2 rollin road it at well lane against lots of imprezas

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re: apexi fuel and boost controllers

Given the time and cost of tuning, better to have as many of the the components you intend to install before the AFC and AVC-R are set-up. If these are tuned and then you change something like the downpipe, you'll need to re-tune to get the most out of the new set-up.

It's tempting to just get someone else's settings and apply these to your car. But I think there's really a lot to be said for tuning for each car specifially-- especially when mucking around with boost and a/f settings. Be patient, and you'll feel more secure that everything is optimized and not just a stop-gap set-up.

Would be interested to know what HP you get, as your mods are somewhat similar to mine.

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re:rc settin up my apexi controllers

six mad

the exhaust is restrictive, you should get rid of as many OEM parts as possible! I have the HKS GT extension kit (turbo elbow and downpipe), decat and HKS Hyper Muffler. And even that might be too restrictive. There's not much point in changing the muffler alone when the downpipe and cat wont let the exhaust gas out fast enough.

Get the air intake and exhaust before you start turning up the boost or you will need to re-set up the Apex'is if you get the downpipe later on.

Do not use others' settings, they depend on exhaust and air intake mods, BOV and also wont be exactly the same on 2 equally equipped cars for the same reason not every car has the same power (some people measure 285 bhp with exhaust and air filter, some 330!!!)

I am very tempted to just punch in Wazup's settings but I want to measure the air fuel ratios before I do that. Patience...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
HI mate!

I had the apexi controllers installed month and a half ago. the things is good. what you should do is to follow the rc's guide in tuning like they did e.g stage one : exhurst, induction kit etc. after all those are done then the apexi stuff! installing the apexi controllers takes a long time. it took mine 11 hours to installed and set up when I was there, that includes the apexi controllers, 3 downpipe, uprated fuel pumpand and setting up the controllers. thats not all of the stage 2 RC recomend cuz I still need a fuel regulator which havent got time to install last time (abit late 12am). I am going back to RC on 5th feb to finish my stage two tuning. As soon after that I will consider to go on to stage 3. If you are having the apexi controller, RC's guide is very good to base on.

Leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
settin up my apexi fuel and boost controllers

ELEVEN HOURS to set up the two controllers? Holy moses! I hope they don't charge by the hour!

It took a total of about 3 hours, maybe 4 max, to do the installation of my Apex S-AFC and AVC-R. Of course that's purely installation. The tuning on the RR was separate.

Anyway, at the end of the day, as long as you're happy with your car and you got it in the state of tune you were looking for, that's what counts.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts