Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I appreciate that these cars are ultra quick and are probably the pinnacle of Lancer Evolution tuning but I don't agree that they are good looking.........perhaps to a 13 year old maybe, but to me, no :)

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JOHN'S RED VII said:
I appreciate that these cars are ultra quick and are probably the pinnacle of Lancer Evolution tuning but I don't agree that they are good looking.........perhaps to a 13 year old maybe, but to me, no :)
lol john i only like gt evos bud i hate the plain **** :lol: too common :D

gt evos man its the kama sutra :kiss: yum

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Just a thought...

What are we all doing wrong with Brembos? The CyberEvo seems to be running them and manages sub 1min laps of Tusukaba with nearly 800bhp :confused:

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fish Monkey said:
Just a thought...

What are we all doing wrong with Brembos? The CyberEvo seems to be running them and manages sub 1min laps of Tusukaba with nearly 800bhp :confused:
mate im still using brembos im not gonna change them only time i will change them when im going down to 15 inch wheels and i need smaller ap's

but i always wonder myself a great car like the cyberevo, must be the pads or maybe u dont need ap's :D or maybe the guy in the cyberevo doesnt like to slow down :crackup:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
moses said:
mate im still using brembos im not gonna change them only time i will change them when im going down to 15 inch wheels and i need smaller ap's

but i always wonder myself a great car like the cyberevo, must be the pads or maybe u dont need ap's :D or maybe the guy in the cyberevo doesnt like to slow down :crackup:
I would say he would get round corners pretty quick in the Cyber but with 800bhp he's gotta be going a bit too quick :D

I've been in a car with Brembos with all the best pads/lines/fluid/disks and it still didn't match up to my APs for braking power. Either the Japs know something we don't (probably :rolleyes: !) or the CyberEvo could be even faster on better brakes!

Do you know what the HKS carbon Evo runs brakes wise Moo? I thought it had Endless but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
IIRC The HKS Carbon Evo runs Endless brakes all round :)

That Porsche is awesome, thats so much better than ANY Evo :coolsm:

·
Registered
52 Posts
anyone got any links to the cyberevo?looks awesome!

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
fish it may just be the reduction in weight that allows for the brembo's to be used . with the correct pads and disc's they really can be awesome . even if you need new disc's every race meet.

dave

·
Registered
884 Posts
Fish Monkey said:
Just a thought...

Took this off the website link above ;)

'Not to go on unnoticed are the lightweight bronze 17-inch Volk Racing CE28 wheels engulfed in Advan A048R tires to keep the Cyber Evo stuck to the track. The stock Brembo brake calipers maintain sufficient clamping force, but the rotors were swapped out for a set from Garage HRS and paired up with Power Craft OX brake pads.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Cheers Dave and Stevey - didn't really think about the implications of the significant weight loss programme the car's been on!

Does anyone think they would benefit from better brakes. I'm thinking of [email protected] running APs on his car last year and that has to have been similar in weight to the CyberEvo...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
moses said:
fish endless are good but alot of money, aps are awesome , endless are beautiful though :)
I know that mate ;) Just want to know if they would actually benefit from them given the lighter weight :D

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
moses said:
fish endless are good but alot of money, aps are awesome , endless are beautiful though :)

c# each to their own porkers nice but not as good as the cyberevo it wouldnt even be able to sniff its exhaust fumes it will be so behind :D

hail the cyberevo
The Porsche is designed to endurance race though...

They will race 24hours non stop at LeMans, bring the Cyber Evo to that & it would probably make it about 1/2 way down the Mulsanne straight before it went bang on the first lap.

1 lap time attack, yes they are quick, don't confuse it with a proper race though Moses :D :p :crackup:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chris,

You know as I do that HKS produced 4g63 engines for a Le Mans prototype team. :D

They were not running 800bhp but were running around 500-600bhp.

Wehther they lasted the 24hrs or not i don't know. As with all things Chris the modifications to the cars for competition are extensive. You know the GT3 cup car pictured doesn't use the 3.8 block from the road car. It uses the GT1 block. The GT3 block was deemed to not be strong enough.

There is no reason why with the right specs on cooling, brakes and engine build the cyber evo could not be competative in indurance racing. They ran the Puma Test And Service car in N1 and it battered everything out there. :D

Cheers,

Rich. :angel:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I had heard that yes, but did it ever race? I thought it got binned because of reliability problems?

5-600 I reckon yes, that would cope in a nice LMP2 car :D 800bhp from a 2 litre for 24hours though? Even the front runners don't run with that much power with engines twice the capacity! :eek:

Maybe an Evo engined car would work, but an actual Evo would be so wrong in far too many ways (top speed/weight/drag co-efficiency/too many doors/too ugly) :D

Maybe they could use them to ferry the drivers around in the pits though?

(he says with big wooden spoon in hand) :D :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts