Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this out. its mint, i want one. i mite sell the evo for one. Only thing thats gets hurt when u crash is next doors cat.:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Fair play thats pretty cool car control. If only it was that easy in the real thing! Still a lot of skill required to pull those drifts of in such a realistic manner with an RC car!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have a tamiya TA01 with yokomo drift wheels tyres. Great fun, even in a tight space. Any 1/10 touring car will drift well with yokomo tyres and few degrees of camber!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
ive had 2 now one fg touring car and one marder.ill tell you itl cost you more to run than your evo;)cheapest place to get them is ebay look under fg model cars ull get one for half the price a new one will cost and prob with some mods:smthumbup
have fun

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have a tamiya TA01 with yokomo drift wheels tyres. Great fun, even in a tight space. Any 1/10 touring car will drift well with yokomo tyres and few degrees of camber!
+1

I've got a TT01, with mods and R35 Skyline GTR bodyshell... missus thinks I'm a geek :lol:

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
what sort of price would get a decent one? what costs so much with them, do they break alot?
http://www.modelzone.co.uk/nissan_skyline_gtr-details.htm

there you go mate...that is mine and is fantastic.

i have just however obliterated mine on a kerb needing a new alloy :crackup:

see here

car is fine though.....hit the kerb around 35-40mph

new alloys £12 :shrug: peanuts..most expensive piece is a new engine roughly £110+ but run it in properly will last you a while :smthumbup

great drift car, VERY fast, ALOT of fun

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've been racing RC cars for about 22 years on and off and i've got to say these are the most boring RC cars out there, you will be bored within a week, and you'll be hard pushed to find any clubs to do it properly. I would look into it a bit more if i were you. They are so slow as well i reckon my wife could prob even do it, and thats saying something:eek:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I've never been racing, but three mates hacking round a carpark is a lot of fun.

If you just intend to drift then electric motors are fine (I use an 18 turn double) so no need for IC power. This also keeps the speeds down so the most you will need to pay for replacement parts is a bodyshell unless it goes really wrong.

I'm gonna charge mine now, anyone else going to the Exeter meet today, might take it along!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts