Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

when I go over bumps something in eth back of teh car is making an almighty rattle. It sounds like the rear wing (although when I shake the wing from eth outside it seems rock solid) or some part of the boot.

any ideas .....???

regards

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JacKal,
First thing I wud check is the exhaust mountings , make sure all the hanger rubbers are in place etc.
Also , I know this sounds obvious , is there anything loose in the boot ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if it's just my car, but one of the metal strips that I guess provides a supportive backing for the rear seats, the ones that cross over in an X fashion, had never been attached/welded at one end. Took me a while to figure out that noise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jackal

The rear wing does shake rattle and amp; roll - but to my knowledge it does not cauze noize - Slade at max volume drowns it out!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey

I noticed a little bit of noise on both the RS2 I used to own and my current TME. Remember this not not a BMW (http://194.93.140.171/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > droid)! I checked the metal cross behind the back seats and it is rock solid (did this while checking for vibrations from the subwoofer, go ahead, give it to me MAXI). It does it less on the TME though, and the difference is the RS's boot lid was slightly bent after me driving for 1 km with it opened (pulled the thing to open it but my friend took his gym bag with him into the car and I forgot about it)...
You could try putting some tape on the metal thing that holds the boot lid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts