Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or are mitsubishi f**king stupid introducing a new car in the middle of a ralley. i have a 6tme, but have drove the vii and liked it a lot, so this is not a dig at the vii.

i just cannot see the sense in having a driver at the top of the table (tommi), another in the top 10 (freddy) and then have the two of them drive a new car, they are even losing points rapidly in the constructors table. I watched the san remo again last night and both of them did not look at ease with the new set-up at all, and from tommi's comments this could be the step to far, which would be the greatest loss ever as there is no driver (except maybe sainz) who have a all round ability.

what was wrong until waiting until he had slaughered the opposition and then having the whole off season to get the new car ready for next year??, you cannot even buy the new car (VII) from mitsubishi yet, so they are even failing to get a PR win.

will someone please explain this to me as i am to thick to see what mitsubishi are playing at.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find it quite funny how the English make Scotsmen Brits whenever they're successful but quickly change them back to Scotsmen whenever they fail. This happens with McRae and DC all the time. And if you meant Richard Burns, then there'll never be good news for him as he plain and simply isn't good enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scottish are British whether they like it or not. But it's really funny to see how people associate or dissociate with people who win or lose, like soccer, WE won and THEY lost ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The difference being that when Scotland are playing the English (mostly) want to see them do well (unless the're playing us) whereas the Scots like nothing better than to see the English team fail.

Still I guess that's the way you end up after living next to a richer neighbour :). and before I get accused of being anti-scots I have scots blood and worked in edinburgh for over a year (during last world cup) and the anti English feeling was almost palpable (although amusingly it was most obvious in people who'd moved to scotland from England).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In terms of why now, i think Ralliart Europe have introduced several cars mid season before. This time its probably got more to do with them trying to get the WRC car out in actual events to get it sorted and amp; be competitive within a few events - that way they will have a chance for 2002. If Tommi started the year at Monte with a new car he probably wouldn't have had the success he had this year.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geezers take it easy on the 7 its only the 7 1st rally. Yes i do agree with u that it was a bit stupid of mitsy introducing the 7 when tommi was not doing too badly in the 6. Come on dudes u know that car is not only 2 blame look at tommi recent results u can see that he was ####in it up in recent rallys, the main reason 4 why he was leading the championship was because the other cars and drivers were not doing 2 well at the start of the rally season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts