Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brian

How do we go about having all the Lancers parked together?? will there be a place for all MLR members and do that way. Seen the vid of last year and seeing all those Evo's 2gether is really awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The way we managed the impressive lineup's last year was that people reserved their places in the paddock by buying their driver admission ticket in advance. Then before the event we sent out the admission ticket and paddock pass. Passengers can pay on the day if they wish and amp; kids come free.

All paddock parking for car clubs this year must be booked in advance and before the booking cutoff date - this will be highlighted on the form.

All track time must be booked in advance and will be strictly subject to availability.

All bookings must be made via the event booking forms so we can ensure we get proper details and people get their tickets.

Paddock parking access and track time can not be purchased on the day
WHY?
We know from last year that the paddock will be chocka block with car clubs, rally teams and traders it takes a lot to work out who goes where and how much space everyone can have. As soon as you start letting additional cars in on the day it can get cocked up so that is why we have no other realistic option other than doing it this way.

Booking forms for track time and paddock parking will be available on the http://www.rallyday.com website from 1st Feb. Copies of booking forms will also be sent out to every MLR member with the next club Mag.

Brian Rally Supercar Day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Brian,

I sent you a mail about possibly doing a National Meet at this. Mailed it to the rallycar email address, did you get it? What d'you think?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Definitely makes sense for the National MLR gathering given the response last year.

On a different topic, I've just had confirmation that Tony Mason will be doing the commentry.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Brian,
Speaking of commentary, I know I asked before (the old memory is not like it was you know) but is it possible for the commentary to be piped over to the far side of the track (i.e. Quarry). Last year the rally motors were flying round there and no one knew what they were, their history or who was driving (i.e. Pentti) unless you were in the know. It certainly would have made it more interesting for the less knowledgeable bods.
I think you said there were some restrictions though as to what they could use PA wise?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Adey

You definitely need to pre book if you want to park in the Paddock on the MLR stand. Without a car pass on the day you will be diverted to the general car park. Booking forms available at http://www.rallyday.com

Colin

We are working with the circuit management on a way of solving the commentry at quarry corner problem. This, believe it or not, isnt very straightforward as is needs special planning permission - the circuit gets more complaints about commentry noise than car noise.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'll be coming! Great day out last year and was on the 'Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Story' video to boot. Make sure you brake before Quarry Corner!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'll be there (might have to bring the missus too!). Does anyone know of a reasonable B|PLS|B nearby for the Friday night? Anybody else likely to be around for a shandy or two on the Friday?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Anyone wishing to guarantee a space in the paddock or book track time should register asap using the booking form on http://www.rallyday.com . Given the current rate of bookings already we can guarantee they will be sold out well before the day. We are getting confirmations from several of the attending clubs with most of them requiring more space than last year. We are aiming for 100 evo's in the paddock which we should make ok with your support.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Brian

I am sending mine off to you this weekend, also I will take a few booking forms to the BIG ONE Scooby/EVO meet this Sunday for the MLR guys.

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Brian,
I'll be comming to this now, you'll be glad to hear that everyone I have talked to gave last year rave reviews, I'll sort out the reg form today!

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'll be there, sent the cheque off last week.
Is the Midlands crew driving up together?
If so, where from?
I'll probably join it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Adey

I will try to organise a Midlands crew meet-up/drive to Castle Combe a bit nearer the date. Let me know what area you are from (mail if you like)

Teri (MLR Midlands-Meets)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Great to hear that everyones coming again and that the reviews were good. Whilst everyone can sort out convoy logistics closer to the date it helps us a lot to get the bookings in soon. That way we can finalise the paddock layout which helps us get things like the event programmes designed and printed.

Couple of new confirmations:
Paddy Hopkirk will now be opening the Feature Stage in an original works Mini and the MG X-Power Etreme rally team will be doing rally rides all day in copies of the Gwyndaf Evans JWRC cars.

Brian

http://www.rallyday.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OMG - I don't remember having any alcohol last night, BUT, I seem to have agreed to Paul taking the Pajero Evo on track!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.