Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on going to Rally Germany with a few friends this year.

Has anyone on here ever attended the event, or even been to Trier before?

I need some help with accommodation etc!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Me and the bro went last year. Awsome rally to watch and loads of good spectator stages. We stayed near the ring and just drove down every day. Only takes an hour from the ring.

Trier is a really really nice place and the service park is there. Parking is quite tricky to find but overall is a good place to stay.

The rally stages have a great atmosphere and are easy to find. Try to get to the stages early as (same as every rally i suppose) traffic can be hectic.

We watched 3 stages last year and hoping to go this year too.

John

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
When I first saw this thread I thought awesome, I'll jump on the band wagon. Then the Mrs reminded me we'll be in Spain when this rally is on. Bugger :wallbang:

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I first saw this thread I thought awesome, I'll jump on the band wagon. Then the Mrs reminded me we'll be in Spain when this rally is on. Bugger :wallbang:
How about Rally Catalunya in October?! :smthumbup

How did u get on with the job mate?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
How about Rally Catalunya in October?! :smthumbup

How did u get on with the job mate?
Fly or drive? It would be a long drive but worth it. I'm tempted.

Regards the promotion, I never got it I'm afraid but I'm temporarily upgraded into the position for another 9 months seconded into the WEC on days & still on shift pay so I'm quids in. :D

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fly or drive? It would be a long drive but worth it. I'm tempted.

Regards the promotion, I never got it I'm afraid but I'm temporarily upgraded into the position for another 9 months seconded into the WEC on days & still on shift pay so I'm quids in. :D
Probably fly and hire a car? Or drive down. A road trip down to Catalunya would be awesome. We've got an Outage in September, so the 70 hours Sips at double time in September's packet would come in handy!

I might look into it, would be a nice end to the year.

Seconded to the WEC? As WEC Supervisor?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Seconded to the WEC? As WEC Supervisor?
WEC Engineer or Day DAP. I'm the Ops rep in planning, write the Ops Comms, chair ODM's, general dogs body/meeting attender! I work alongside the WEC Supervisor but I'm not the Supervisor. ;)

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WEC Engineer or Day DAP. I'm the Ops rep in planning, write the Ops Comms, chair ODM's, general dogs body/meeting attender! I work alongside the WEC Supervisor but I'm not the Supervisor. ;)
Ah right fair enough. Theres a few of them work in the WEC at Heysham 2.

One of the guys in my office used to work at Sizewell, not sure what he did there though? Andrew Bentley?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Ah right fair enough. Theres a few of them work in the WEC at Heysham 2.

One of the guys in my office used to work at Sizewell, not sure what he did there though? Andrew Bentley?
Yep, I know him. He was a planner. He's been gone a long time now.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hes a Project Manager now. Us planners are retards :smthumbup
You can't be any worse than our planners. They put Ops into the planning department to get a workable plan. :lol:

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can't be any worse than our planners. They put Ops into the planning department to get a workable plan. :lol:
I wasn't talking about us at my site. I was talking about Planners in general. Even at the water company i used to work for planning is replanning!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts