Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on the R-Art website that they are selling two E6 Xtreme RS450's and an E7 Xtreme S.

Is there a lot of power increases in these compared to a normal extreme? Is it just a serious hike in torque, running high boost?

I take it the E7 is the one everyone has thrashed over the last few months??

Their site still does not show any info on E7 X's on the new cars page. Must be an exclusive sect'....need to know basis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
E6 Extreme/Zero Fighter - 340bhp and 303lb/ft (official figures)
RS450 - R/R at 346bhp and 369lb/ft
E7 Extreme - 339bhp and 350lb/ft (official figures)
E7 Extreme S - 357bhp and 383lb/ft (official figures)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been speaking to them about the E7 Xtreme S
yes its the press car and has done 6K miles.... they are unlikely to budge on price

White RS450 is not quite the bargain i thought it would perahps be being well over 30K.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The press Extreme S is one of the best maintained Evos in the country. It also has been built to perfection and had more time setting it up than probably any other Evo except Blades ;)

So long as Ralliart were offering their usual warranty, I would not hesitate to buy it. In fact, I very nearly swapped it for my Extreme. In the end though, the extra comforts of the GSR won me over, and a ride in an Extreme with an S engine in it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the 6 Extreme RS450, I take it that it is based on the RS model, ie no AYC, AC etc.

What ecu does this run, is it a motec or a plug and play sports ecu? Any idea of boost levels?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 6 Extreme RS450 should be running a Gems ECU. Don't know boost levels but should be capable of 1.7 bar constant peak at over 2.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep switchable anti-slag with boost tweakable to a peak of 2.2 (usually runs 1.7 I believe).
Have a look at Jerry's site and you will see the review I scanned in for him of the RS450 (it's based on the E5 but the spec is the same, ignore the quoted power/torque as it's ########).
The white Extreme RS450 (re-regged but V11 RAG in the photos) has been dynoed at http://www.tuningjapanese.co.uk to the figure mention previously above (346bhp, 369lbft).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx guys,

I'm still at the stage of

will I tweak what I've got....MY00 E6 GSR

OR

buy something with all the toys fitted

Hellava dilemma...eh??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
evojkp,

in exactly the same dilemma - start from a base RS2
or buy an RS450/extreme with under 10k miles

price will be about the same but teh Ralliart car will always have more inherent value and more goodies on it - but no fun in it really !

F**k it - you only live once .... buy the rs with steel rims and get the buzz out of adding every last detail bit by bit and making it exclusively yours like no other car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jackal, exactly....

Or buying the RS450...where could you take that?? Is there anything else that can be done to get more power?? Or are these engines kind of max'd out already. I dare say you would get to a point where it be hopeless to drive it on the road, as if an RS450 is a sensible mode of transport back and forward to work anyway!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get an 2nd hand RS450 extreme - the ones Ralliart have are quite good - get one with all the brakes on.

Your next mods to it would be bigger turbo, and better suspension. You already have a GEMS ECU init, fully rebuilt internals, quick rack, no AYC, no ABS and uprated bushing. This is more than likely the cheapest way to what you are both after!

Or just get the Extreme S 7 - and enjoy!

As soon as you do any major tuning to a car, you compromise it's everyday reliability - so get another runabout for going to work.

I got my M5 for that :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the evo IS my runabout ? And just to make matters even more confusing, evo magazine are testing the EVO7 RS sprint in the latest edition. Could bring another option into the mix :( I'll let you know what they say after i read it (despite the fact theat they talk a load of old **** most of the time in any case).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i looked at gsr's and rs's also the rs450 etc etc and then came across ex dave tomlinsons evo6 T21 EVO with so many bits that i knew i had to buy the brakes dms suspension all RC'S tweaks worth thousands of pounds to replace so bit the cookie and over the moon . no regrets on selling the gtir

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jackal, I'm like you. The Evo is my main transport, although for a modded RS450 I'd take the bus to work ;)

Blade I hear what your saying....probably is a good idea and one that I have thought about, although an RS450 and an M5, I'd end up with a Renault 5 :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts