Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have decided to keep my E6 after all I'll be looking to start upgrading after the new year. At the moment I have a full Magnex system and Blitz induction Kit. It has been dyno'd at 334bhp and 300lbs of Torque. With a standard ECU.

My Q is....what is the most I can expect from the RA unit without any other changes? Is it better to take the car to RA and give requirements, or just order it and plug-and-play?

Sam Elasser has also got me thinking about the Evolink as I've seen the dramatic change it made to his Scooby.

Thanks...John

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Basically the sports ECU isn't going to make much difference other than providing extra fuelling and removing fuel cuts, allowing you to fiddle with the restrictor to get more boost. You should be able to get around 345bhp and 325 lb/ft of torque. Basically the E6 extreme has 340 bhp, but has quite a restrictive exhaust, downpipe etc. If you could up the boost higher (needs a boost controller or different ECU) 360 is possible. You would need to uprate you con-rods if not done already (you didn't say which model you had).

You say you have the full exhaust, does that include downpipe and de-cat (that would explain the high figures)? What roller was this done on and what was the air temperature like? Some rollers are more generous than others.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Blade,

It is an E6 GSR. It has the full exhaust from the turbo and full d'cat.

It has been run on the RR at Star Performance in Fife. I can only go on the repeatability the road gave. The day it ran a lot of standard Imprezas were being run who returned the expected manufac figures.

Looking back at the air figures they show 34 degC, but a cool air hose was being pointed at the intake and charge cooler during the run. So I guess this is not totally accurate.

Con-rods are not done, but will be when I mod the car. The ecu is not really worth the money for the extra gain I'll see. Would I really notice an extra 25lb/ft when accelerating??

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I think you would definitely notice the extra 25lb/ft. Paper horse power is always a little bit deceptive. Whilst your peaks may not go that much higher, the overal power curve will be much better.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
evojkp

i have the sports ecu and love it, i smooths out the whole drive.

like you i have a full exhaust (hiper muffler/decat/magnex front), and a hks racing suction kit. i have had the bolts done and the boost to 1.5 peak/1.4 sustained.

the car runs a lot better know, barryH has the same sort of set up and has the apexi avc-r as well.

good reports all round, (i picked up my ecu for £500, look our for the coordsport sales and also people (thanks pluto) selling them on here.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Lee,

I have a fairly similar set up to you on my E5. HKS extension downpipe/decat/superdragger/superpowerflow induction and have recently fitted the Ralliart Ecu. To get the 1.5 boost have you removed the soleniod grommet and changed the size of the inline restrictor? At the moment I have only removed the grommet and was peaking at 1.3 bar before I fitted the Ecu. Interested to know whether I should expect 1.5 bar with the Ecu swap. Also have you uprated your fuel pump?

Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
EVO JKP.
I like Lee have Ralliart Ecu improves drivability and gives you the option for more mods.I recommend RC Developements they look after my car its a 200 mile trip for me but worth it.I have Super Dragger,Magnex downpipe ,RC intercooler pipe kit,Spec R battery re-location kit ,Apexi Induction,High pressure fuel pump and Fse Fuel flow regulator(a must if your upping boost)nad Apexi boost controller.I am currentlly running 1.45 bar boost peak and hold in all gears and the Ralliart Ecu is fine.(Bolts have been done)

My next step as suggested by RC is HKS Cams ,Head Gasket,and bolts.This should give me 380bhp and 325 Tourque then I may look at other Ecu` s or I may go the cheaper route with an Apexi Fuel Controller.I like you started with the exhaust ! These cars make you obsessive be carefull.:):)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
To Digis,
The Ralliart Ecu wont give you more boost its job is to give you better fuelling and a ignition curve which improves response.To get more boost change the restrictor by the actuator to a 0.9 and replace the plastic grommet this should give you 1.4 bar the only problem with this is you may get boost creep and the boost curve will not be optimum ,I have a Apexi Boost Controler I believe its the best way to go,RC in Warrington set up my car and can supply the Apexi ,I would recomend that you also have a uprated fuel pump which they can supply and a fuel pressure regulator.Im no expert its just the way I decided to go and it works very well for me .My car is very quick !!:):)Rc Developements phone Clive on 01925 575290. Good Luck Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I think you'll find that the Sports ECU will increase the peak and held boost slightly as the duty cycle controlling the boost solenoid is different.
When I measured the boost with the sport ECU compared to the standard ECU using a very accurate aircraft pressure gauge I found an increase of about 2.5 PSI with no other modifications.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for advice Wazup and CliveW. I'm gonna see how the car runs at the Snetterton trackday though, before spending any more of my pocket money - it sure is easy to get carried away.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
john

let me know how you get on, as i am getting conflicting views regarding the fuel pump, and i dont realy want to fork out for this.

lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts