Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just agreed to buy a Ralliart Sports ECU, I've been reviewing the old threads about these and just wondered how easy they are to fit?

The only mention of problems I could find was a possible starting problem?

Advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem I think was with the E5's where the wiring has to be modified slightly for it to work (or it won't start), E6 should be OK though. Just going by memory though so don't shoot me if I'm wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I found an old thread that referred to starting problems but they were also on about E5 compatibility so that's put my mind at ease.

Can't wait to get it in now!

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you haven't already bought it, ask someone who has had one for there opinion!
I nearly went down this route and was going to buy Barrys (Wazuptommi) but from what I could gather it's not the ideal solution to getting more performance. I think a PE remap or RC Developments answer gives much better results, hence I drove 200|PLS| miles to RC.

Just my 2 pence worth

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phil

Don't worry. Do a search on this and see what figures guys like LeeLegend have achieved with one of these units. My Extreme has one as well. There are various schools of thought about this and RC are in a different camp. Not a wrong camp, or a right camp, just a different one. Fit the ECU to your car and make your own judgement. You won't regret it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have done a bit of research and was all ready to go down the PE remap route, but then the Sports ECU became available at an attractive price.

I've been out in Justin's PE remapped V and Lee's Sports ECU VI Makinnen and they are both very impressive, also the spec of my car suits the Sports ECU very well from what I read.

My car is a daily driver so I can't go too nuts anyway, my major problem is fuel cut, and my reasoning is that I can always resell and get the PE remap if I am not satisfied with the Sports ECU.

Just got to wait 2 weeks until it's available :(

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil,
I've got the Sports ECU in my GSR Evo VI. Very easy to fit, you probably should remove the glovebox to give you some more room to work - a few bolts hold the ECU in place - it plugs into existing wiring loom.
I've had no starting problems at all.
With a cat back HKS Hyper exhaust and a Ralliart panel filter (no other changes), the car is still very smooth to drive and both power and torque seem to have increased right across the rev range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fitted my Ralliart sports ecu to cure the fuel cut problem , no other major mods just HKS exhaust and amp; filter , only running 1.3 bar max boost , seemed as quick as anything else at Cadwell / MLR day the other week.

The only car noticebly quicker in a straight line was Markja`s which has some serious mods to the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.