Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Wondering what the pros say about using the suitable suspension bushes where and when it have to be swapped over.

In a 80% street and 20% track fun full weight EVO6 with RS running gear, Bilsteins + Eibach springs, 3point braces front and rear with about 450BHP.

Heard and read various ideas all over.

My question is, which bush should I swap for Ralliart, which should I swap for polybush, and which should be left OEM in the car (including engine/gearbox mounts, arm bushes, linkage bushes, suspension mount bushes, diff bushes aswell!)

Cheers for sharing your experience.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Keep engine and gearbox OEM, I changed for Ralliart, drove car twice and changed to new OEM as the vibrations with the Ralliart bushes was too much for a road biased car.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Interesting read this :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Keep engine and gearbox OEM, I changed for Ralliart, drove car twice and changed to new OEM as the vibrations with the Ralliart bushes was too much for a road biased car.
And the Ralliart ones tend to be more pliable than the others.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
engine and gearbox mounts ,north/south ,diff mounts ,will be ideal in RALLIART bushes the rest arnt worth doing ,but youll notice the differance straight away you car will feel better ,and personally i wouldnt say there would be ANY differance that you notice to cabin or road noise

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
engine and gearbox mounts ,north/south ,diff mounts ,will be ideal in RALLIART bushes the rest arnt worth doing ,but youll notice the differance straight away you car will feel better ,and personally i wouldnt say there would be ANY differance that you notice to cabin or road noise
Not one to argue, but I could not disagree more, this is exactly what I did and yes the gear change and engine all felt very tight to the body......but oh my how much vibration came into the car......simply on start up the dashboard jumped all over the place with vibrations.............I lasted 2 days before I swaped all these 4 back to new OEM. I could never live with a car like that, well not on a road car.

I am pretty certain like me you will see a huge improvement simply swapping the enginer and gearbox mounts which will almost certainly be the original ones to new OEM :smthumbup

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have all the engine mounts changed to 70A polyurethane for quite some time already. Mainly DD car, not too much NVH added.

All the suspension bushings are WL polyurethane and PSRS. Also no problem. :angel:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
engine bushes should be fine for changing. I did this on my other car (Mazda MPS) and the result was astonishing without adding any vibrations. The engine is tighter and doesn't whop around when giving it the pedal. I didn't change any of the other bushes so can not comment on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts