Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tested the Ralliart or HKS piping kits for the turbo and the cooling system? I would be interested to know if there are any gains in terms of intake temperature or anything else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Claudius,

The R/art and HKS intake hard pipe kits are the same except the r/art is red!
I have the HKS on my VI , I have noticed sharper throttle response but have not measured any temperature data.

Presumably when mentioning cooling system pipes u are refering to silicone hoses ? I have these too , the only thing u will notice is a better looking engine bayhttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
With silicone hoses , R/art is the same as HKS is the same as Samco etc etc , just get the lowest price, and don't bother with silicone hoses on the intake side except when joining alloy boost pipes , which anyway are supplied in the kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius,

after fitting my HKS aluminium kit, my car overboosted like **** and was very fast, but the ECU had to be remapped and this was largely due to the increased diameter and dump valve. Once that was done, you couldn't really feel a difference, although you could see a much straighter horsepower curve on the rolling road printout, without a steep fall right at the end of the rev range. Other than that I really only got idling/stalling problems which were solved with a HKS Idle Stabilizer...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you remapped the ECU and then the car was slower?? Why didnt you just buy a Sports ECU? It'll give you enough fuel for higher boost!
You always talk about the Motec, is that the ECU you have? I think it's not, because then what would be the point of having it if it cant cope with air pressure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.