Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's perfectly common work. A rim shop that repairs wheels for a race series we have here in the states will do it. They also do wheels for porsche cup and Scca World Challenge. The hitch is that they can't be powdercoated due to the outgassing of Mg. The finish would be bubbled and ruined so they need paint instead.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi there , will you be posting pics of this when you get the wheels on? PS how did you manage to register an Evo II in the USA , are there loopholes you can use to avoid the crash testing ect?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duncan,

I'll post pictures soon, slated for about a month or so. The car is in the body shop getting some fresh paint on the little dings and scratches.

The car may not be road legal if it were to be driven on public roads. I can say that crash testing is a strange testing standard though, by the rationale that the US department of transportation takes, since the Skyline (popular example) has been tested by one company, Motorex, than there should, by all accounts be a blanket rule that the car is now legal for anyone to import... but such is not the case, only Motorex has legally imported any skylines.. strange country I live in.

The specifics are something I would be glad to share over personal messages.

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts