Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Evo VI I have fitted a Scorpion 2 1/2 inch cat-back exhaust with cat replacement pipe and a Ralliart ecu, I removed the grommet in the boost solenoid to raise the boost.
Questions:
I am getting peak boost of about 1.45 bar, sustained boose of about 1.2-1.25 bar, however the way the boost is regulated back from 1.45 to 1.25 is a little irregular.
Also when flooring it in 2nd gear, everytime I feel a hestitation when accellerating (this hestitation only happens in 2nd gear).
Anyone recognises this when using a Ralliart ecu?
Any advice on how to remidy the 2nd gear hestitation (only happens when really pushing it)?

René

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doesn't sound good Rene

I'd put the grommet back and get a proper controller for sustained 1.4bar, otherwise your boost will always spike all over the shop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RSNK,
As Jackal said put your restrictor back.I have a Ralliart Ecu running in conjunction with a Apexi AVC-R Electronic boost controller.If you go down this route your boost can be set to give you the best response throughout the rev range,max 1.5 bar.Check your fuelling if you are increasing boost ,and check for detonation.If you want more info e-mail me.

Kind regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have had a similar fault in 4th gear,which was cured by turning the gain setting down on the boost controller
i know you dont have one of these,but it must be reated to the spike or building of boost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts