Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some guidence please.

I am looking at tuning the Evo, it has a full stainless, De-cat, HKS filter, ARP bolts and NGK Iridium plugs. It will also soon have a Warlbro pump.

What power increase is it with a Ralliart ECU against a Ecutek jobbie. What are the pro's and con's for the two??

I was going to go for full blown Autronics but can't justify the cost at the moment as I won't be doing more than 2-3 trackdays, and I want to improve the handling and stopping as much as the performance!!

Any other tuning advice appreciated. Before anyone says depends how far you want to go. I don't want more than the standard internals can handle comfortably as I still want a reliable daily runner, so 360BHP would be more than plenty for me.

Cheers guys

Matt

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ive got a 6 mate. I uprated to the ralliart ecu. the only thing that was different for me was that 0-60 was possibly a bit quicker. I decided to seel it and go for an ecutek. Sam was great and the difference in the car was huge, even compared to the ralliart ecu. Get your fuel pump fitted and get an ecutek. you won't regret it. I haven't. well well worth the money.

Also ment to say that i feel the car runs better than it did with the original ECU.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of difference does the Ralliart ECU offer over standard??

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the ralliart boosts at 1.3, but the advantage of the ecutek is that it is mapped to your car, so not only stays within the safety margins of your car , it can have the same effect of getting the most power from your mods, the ralliart will just be generic, go for the ecutek :D

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
as most have already said mate go the ecutek route

it will make the most of the mods you have already done to the car ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anthony with regards the Power FC D-Jetro , It will still need setting up by someone in the know I take it? And how much is that? May start to add up to the Autronics setup.

Matt

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
It will costs about £250 depending on the chosen mapper. Apart from fitting the MAP sensor it is plug and play if you have minimal mods.

Thanks

Antony

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I take it the Ralliart ECU is not actually tuned for each individual car? If this is the case, the ECUtec would be the go. ECU tuning should be done for the specific car, I don't necessarily agree with a "one size fits all" philosophy when it comes to tuning an engine.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
ecu

the ralliart is a plug and play,and you will easily achieve 360bhp if you have the rest done, these will run at 1.5 bar and you will feel hell of a difference,+ if you upgrade even more you can sell it,you will have a job on selling a reflashed ecu thou , pound for pound the ralliart ecu will be cheaper. :) :) :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ecutek

Do not discount the flexibility of an Ecutek remap:-

An Ecutek remap is able to support 430 BHP on an Evo as already demonstrated by many tuners in UK. What is as yet unknown is how much farther up the BHP scale it will support with larger rescaled air flow meter etc......

In general you have no need to replace the manufacturers standard ECU for most tuning packages in the UK you also lose "knock control" with most aftermarket motorsport ECU installations, so one batch of duff fuel could lead to problems....

Allan
WRC Tech

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks for all the advice guys, I think I will go with the Ecutek route from RC or CPP.

Any more comments feel free to keep posting :D :D :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: Ecutek

uktrucks said:

In general you have no need to replace the manufacturers standard ECU for most tuning packages in the UK you also lose "knock control" with most aftermarket motorsport ECU installations, so one batch of duff fuel could lead to problems....

Allan
WRC Tech
Allan, not wishing to pee on anyones parade regarding how good an ECUTEK remap as the results seem to speak for themselves.

My query is from the quote above.

The Ralliart ECU (correct me if I'm wrong) retains many of the standard ECU niceties does it not ?

i.e. Knock control, RPM increase on A/c and steering wheel movement etc.

Would appreciate your comments for our thread starter and myself.

The reason for me chipping in on the thread is Toney Cox did a few mods for me recently (Cams and Ralliart ECU amongst them) and rolling roaded the car at WRC. I'm very impressed with the results for an older higher mileage VII

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
ecu upgrade

hello gents have evo eight fq 300 wrc remap rr at 352 bhp 328 ft lb torque... hks exhaust filter ssq d valve fuel pump my question is which one do i need to up my power level ecutec or ralliart bearing in mind 50k miles and driven by my missus every day..[no boost controller fitted at present] any help please

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Re: Re: Ecutek

bobb said:
Allan, not wishing to pee on anyones parade regarding how good an ECUTEK remap as the results seem to speak for themselves.

My query is from the quote above.

The Ralliart ECU (correct me if I'm wrong) retains many of the standard ECU niceties does it not ?

i.e. Knock control, RPM increase on A/c and steering wheel movement etc.
Both ECUtek and Ralliart are standard ECUs that have had the maps ( fuel, ignition, boost cut etc) changed for more performance.

MB

·
Registered
28 Posts
So from my brief search, ralliart ecu's are basically re-mapped factory ecu's which come in different specs depending on the modifications on your car, am I right?

Surely, getting a car specifically tuned with ecutec or some form of flashing would be a better solution, albeit not cheaper. You would still retain all the factory operation and ecutec should also be able to control boost, therefore negating the need to have an aftermarket boost controller.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ecutek

burgers22 said:
Both ECUtek and Ralliart are standard ECUs that have had the maps ( fuel, ignition, boost cut etc) changed for more performance.

MB
Yep I'm with you on the great work of opensource and the hours you guys have put in burgers.

;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts