Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted a new ralliart ecu 2 weeks ago car didnt gain poiwer i have a hks dump valve and racing suction so today i had a uprated pump fitted a de cat on my standard exhaust and still hardly no difference in power only top end what shall i do is this common do i need a full exhaust dnot rate ralliart ecus at all as standard my car was well up on power just feels a dog now the more mods i do the less i get back would a boost controller stop my nightmare

·
Premium Member
22,007 Posts
some will disagree, but a ralliart wont actually increase boost on its own, It is mapped for a free flow filter and exhaust, so may show a tiny improvement over standard. A better exhaust might help, but what the ralliart ecu will do is allow you to run more boost, with a good exhaust, up to 1.5 bar max (IIRC for fueling), so you will need a boost controller, even something as cheap as a Dawes, to take advantage of your mods so far. Some will also recommend getting your con rod bolts uprated, but that is personal choice

Also, if your dump valve causes idle problems the ralliart ecu wont cure that

Stu

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ralliart

still dnot understand why the uprated pump hasnt made much difference is this because im on standard boost and exhaust

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
As stu8 said you need to get a boost controller to get the boost up to 1.5 bar and then you will see a power rise all the fuel pump does in up your fuel rate when you need it, it wont give you more power

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ralliart

what u rekomend first get exxhaust done first is this suffocating my mods also iridium plugs

·
Premium Member
22,007 Posts
Re: ralliart

carsevo99 said:
still dnot understand why the uprated pump hasnt made much difference is this because im on standard boost and exhaust
As above, the standard fuel pump is sufficient for standard boost, up to 1.2 bar boost apparently, the up rated pump is fitted to support future mods, same way as the ralliart ecu

When you say your car feels like a 'dog' now, what do you mean? Ie, is it stalling, miss firing, flat etc.

a better cat - back exhaust will improve things also

If you are going to run higher boost, say 1.4 to 1.5 bar, then you will need plugs too, I use NGK BR8EIX 's which are much cheaper than most others and have lasted nearly 2 years in my car so far at over 1.5 bar

Stu

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Yea mate get a good exhaust, a boost controller and a good set of plugs

Use the Search tab to find out more info on boost controller, plugs etc

Lee :D

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ecu

like i said had the de cat and pump done car feels flat goes lot better in fourth and fifth now car doesnt run out of puff just keeps pulling but low gears my boost spoools up really quick but the car feels flat doesnt pull hard fed right up car used to fly standard but u do get used to that then the quest for more happens

·
Premium Member
22,007 Posts
Re: ecu

carsevo99 said:
1.1 bar in low gears thats all and about 1.3 in fifth may be im over fuelling now
Not likely, your regulator will just return un used fuel as long as it is working properly

Prob worth getting your fueling checked, preferably on a rolling road, then check your plugs and coil packs.

Is the dump valve new? if this is leaking on boost, it can make a car feel flat, you need to check the pipework on both sides of it for leaks.

A de-cat and fuel pump should not effect the running of the car (unless the pump is faulty, the above fueling check on a Rolling road should tell you this)

Stu

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ecu

yes a new hks sqv valve if that was leaking id see a drop on my boost gauge ill try the plugs then take on the rollers see whats what if i have a standard reg surely that would reglate my pressure back to standard fuel pressure

·
Premium Member
22,007 Posts
Re: ecu

carsevo99 said:
yes a new hks sqv valve if that was leaking id see a drop on my boost gauge ill try the plugs then take on the rollers see whats what if i have a standard reg surely that would reglate my pressure back to standard fuel pressure
Put your old recirc dump valve back on to see if that improves things. or, tighten the screw on the back of the hks valve, see if you see any improvement

Stu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts