Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a Ralliart ecu on my car but I'm wanting to fit some 272 cams aswel. Doing a quick search alot of people are suggesting remaps with cams or not driving the car on boost with cams. Is this Right.

I know somebody who has a ralliart ecu and hks 272's and it runs very well. Is this just people being over cautious or just not knowing what they are actually talking about or is it that important to get a remap.

Obviously there is no point remapping a ralliart ecu so I would like just just fit cams, and advice from the experts please :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I have a Ra ecu too.. But been told it wont work well if I fit cams and would need a propper remap of the ecu be it ecutek or ecuflash..

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Ralliart ECU's have a little more timing and run slightly leaner than the standard ECU. If you fit cams the timing and fuelling need altering to suit the specific cam. This can equate to a reasonable performance gain if done correctly.
Ralliart maps are not ideal for anything other than the standard cams fitted to the specific model the ECU was intended for.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ralliart ECU's have a little more timing and run slightly leaner than the standard ECU. If you fit cams the timing and fuelling need altering to suit the specific cam. This can equate to a reasonable performance gain if done correctly.
Ralliart maps are not ideal for anything other than the standard cams fitted to the specific model the ECU was intended for.
Sure about that? My E7 with RA ECU uses 20% more fuel. My AFR show overfueling all the way on boost. On high RPM i get ATF ratio 9.6. On my stock ECU i never got under 10.5

Someone from a rallyteam told me Ralliart ECU has overfueling as a "safety device". They used a fuelcontroller to adjust down fueling to gain about 20HP.

Best regards

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Depends on what load points you hit in the map, but the fuel maps are leaner than standard, I can post them up if you like.

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
I had a Ralliart ECU on my Evo 6, fitted a set of Piper cams and it started detting really badly, in the end gave up and bought a GEMS mappable ECU to sort it out. (This was before the days of Ecutek and Ecuflash, it would be a lot easier and cheaper to resolve it nowadays !!)

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Sure about that? My E7 with RA ECU uses 20% more fuel. My AFR show overfueling all the way on boost. On high RPM i get ATF ratio 9.6. On my stock ECU i never got under 10.5

Someone from a rallyteam told me Ralliart ECU has overfueling as a "safety device". They used a fuelcontroller to adjust down fueling to gain about 20HP.

Best regards
Did you turn the boost up ?

If so that is the reason that it now uses more fuel, as you will be hitting higher load points.

The higher up the load the richer the fueling is in the stock and Ralliart Maps.

But if you could have run the same boost on your stock ecu as you do now, then the stock Ecu should have been even richer on your AFR gauge.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
I already have a Ralliart ecu on my car but I'm wanting to fit some 272 cams aswel. Doing a quick search alot of people are suggesting remaps with cams or not driving the car on boost with cams. Is this Right.

I know somebody who has a ralliart ecu and hks 272's and it runs very well. Is this just people being over cautious or just not knowing what they are actually talking about or is it that important to get a remap.

Obviously there is no point remapping a ralliart ecu so I would like just just fit cams, and advice from the experts please :smthumbup
Every car is different, and every engine is also different.

The Ralliart Ecu is in basic terms and off the shelf chip, that will suit all cars with basic similar mods.

If you do try it, make sure you get the fueling checked, and have it checked with det cans too, to make sure it's not going to try and kill itself.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
When new the Ralliart ECU's say what spec car they should be used on, free flow exhaust and filter. Whill dig out the box I have as the translation is not that good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a AVCR to adjust boost. On A setting i have 1.1bar (stock) and on B i have 1.5bar. Milage is somewhat equal on both settings. The information i got say that when the ECU find out your flooring the pedal (High engineload) and at high rpm, The dutycycle on fuel is 100%.

I can't in my wildest dreams think RA ECU is fueling leaner. But, before i changed th ECU i also changed fuel pump to 255. could be that what makes my car overfuel badly. If i take the cat off i get flames in the back after full throttle. This never happend with stock. But this could be the 255 pump in combination with RA ECU. Cant say for sure

But cam change and stock RE ECU would i say is waste of money without a tune

Best regards

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
I can't in my wildest dreams think RA ECU is fueling leaner. But, before i changed th ECU i also changed fuel pump to 255. could be that what makes my car overfuel badly. If i take the cat off i get flames in the back after full throttle. This never happend with stock. But this could be the 255 pump in combination with RA ECU. Cant say for sure
I will post the Ralliart fuel map and GSR map up from a VIII later today, you can see than.
The pressure is not changed by replacing the pump, unless the old pump was worn the FPR controls this, it's the flow that's increased.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If FPR is not flowing enough or the return lines are not big enough the fuel rail pressure can rise with more powerfull pump. This happened to me, but of course it does affect the most on low engine loads when almost all fuel has to be returned to tank through FPR and return lines instead of burning in the engine.

But as you said Ralliart map is leaner than stock.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
:smthumbup spot on

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Every car is different, and every engine is also different.

The Ralliart Ecu is in basic terms and off the shelf chip, that will suit all cars with basic similar mods.

If you do try it, make sure you get the fueling checked, and have it checked with det cans too, to make sure it's not going to try and kill itself.
another spot on:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
Rob you can use either the 8 mr cams with slight modification,or some hks 264cams with the ralliart ecu,they are both of very similar spec.

You will be running ok as long as you dont turn up the boost too much.

it is more advisable to have a remap though,it will give you better results powerwise,also in order to use the full potential of a set of cams you need some adjustable pulleys,so my advice would be to get the hks 272 cam or gsc1 ones along with some adj, pulleys and a remap.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts