Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wondering if anyone has the above ? they can send me... Story goes like this lol!!!! some time ago a young lad wrote off my wifes clio :blah: she was ok but very shaken to say the least:blah:.... The fire crew and police was there straight away to resolve the situation and i was informed to pick up our belongings out of the smashed clio:mad:... The wife had just been to do the weekly shop and the fire crew swapped it all in to the boot of our Evo :smthumbup. Little did we know some of the cleaning products was burst and leaked over my brand new ralliart boot mat :blah:.. not important at the time lol!!!!!!. but we are still waiting to get the uninsured losses back from the boys insurance.
Trouble is i bought my mat from another Mlr member and he never had the receipt for it so need one to have any chance of getting it replaced..

So if anyone would be so kind to post theres out even a photocopy would be great:D i would be very grateful.

Cheers for looking and thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Why do you need a receipt? Just get a quote frm Mitsi or whoever to get it replaced. Surely that's good enough for the insurance company?

Or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need a receipt? Just get a quote frm Mitsi or whoever to get it replaced. Surely that's good enough for the insurance company?

Or am I missing something?
your missing something bud lol!!! they want to pay for nothing bud.. so unless i have a receipt to prove i bought it they will not replace it :smthumbup
so bump for a receipt lol!!!! wonder if shell can help :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was going to buy a matt from the MLR shop, would that do? or would they question the date?

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would be better if the date was a year and a half + old mate...but thanks for the kind offer

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Surly you can just say thats the replacement and you have shown receipt for cost occured??????????????
If only it was that easy mate :shake: as stated above they want proof of original purchace..

bump:smthumbup

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
your missing something bud lol!!! they want to pay for nothing bud.. so unless i have a receipt to prove i bought it they will not replace it :smthumbup
so bump for a receipt lol!!!! wonder if shell can help :D
If you can't get a receipt, kick up a fuss and ask them if they're accusing you of lying about owning the mat.

It's completely unreasonable for an insurance company to expect you to have receipts for everything you've ever bought, especially after more than a year.

Surely you can show them a photo of the (now damaged) mat, to prove it's in the car? I would have thought that would be enough to convince the insurance company that you own it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you can't get a receipt, kick up a fuss and ask them if they're accusing you of lying about owning the mat.

It's completely unreasonable for an insurance company to expect you to have receipts for everything you've ever bought, especially after more than a year.

Surely you can show them a photo of the (now damaged) mat, to prove it's in the car? I would have thought that would be enough to convince the insurance company that you own it? :confused:
They have had the pictures of the mat from about 1 week after it all happened :wallbang:.. I could just let it go to be honest but if the young lad never wrote off my wifes car it would never of happened:goingmad:... and its not the money that counts its the fact they really will do anything to get out of paying for the bugger lol!!!! you would think they would want to just move on... As you said i would of thought the pictures would do, and i even got a letter off the fireman who put the shopping in the car (just to back up the facts lol!!!!!)..
never mind

1 - 16 of 16 Posts