Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just aquired gthe upgrade to the standard Thermostat - The Ralliart 71c one. Hopefully this will kick the cooling fan in earlier.

Thing is, how do you fit it ?

Where is the existing thermostat on my TME ?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Dazzer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The thermostst is in a metal housing located on the top right side of engine (looking from the front of car). Just follow the TOP water hose from the radiator to the engine.

It's a direct swap and should not take more than 30 minutes!

Hope this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ecu uses the engine temperature sensor to turn the fan on or off so you will need to change this to the sports or an adjustable if u want to lower the fan operating temp. 71 thermostat keeps the temperature down when you are on the move ok but it will rise unfortunately when u stop

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daz, any reason why you went for a lower temp thermostat? I've never seen my temp gauge shift off its normal hot position even when driving like a nutter.

will give slightly more power, but the difference will probably be marginal....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
running the engine cooler has several advantages (and some disadvantages)...it is on that page in the ralliart catalogue after all

ideally u need to lower your fan temp as well otherwise it is going to go up and down like a yoyo when in traffic between about 70 and 95
whether this is good for your motor or not i do not know but u may get more det if you accelerate quickly away from the lights after standing still

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the Sports ECU the timing of the fan is different compared to the standard one. Don't ask me at which temp it kicks in.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the link it displays the actual temperature
can also set the temperature at which the fan comes on

can also adjust the ignition timing..., etc, etc

andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts