Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you buy a 14 pin (I think) connecting lead between the standard cars wiring harness and a Radio. In my case for a Panasonic system. The Autolead Part I was given for the Lancer is the wrong connector(harness end).

Any help much appreciated.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Steve,

You can get the part you need from Mitsubishi themselves.

Ralliart gave me one when I collected the car. It has the Mitsubishi loom connector on one end, and standard ISO connectors (to the radio) on the other.

Assuming your stereo adheres to the ISO standard, then this should just plug straight in.

I'm afraid I don't have the part number to hand, but the parts department at Ralliart would be able to tell you.

Andy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Antenna

Hey guys,

I want to get rid of the stupid antenna on the side. It has shitty reception anyway.

Does anybody know of a good replacement antenna that is hidden and works better?

Id appreciate your help

Claudius

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. picked up the correct connector........or so I thought. I checked the wiring and pin 3 and 4 are the wrong way around so I changed them. Incidently these are the power for the window aerial amplifier, and for panel dimming when lights are on. Claudius if they are wrong way around on yours this might explain the poor reception if the amplifier isn't working. Just a thought.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudis is refering to the pole antenna on the RS and not the glass antenna on the GSR.

Claudis I am not sure if the RS antenna that you are refering to has an amplifier so you might be better off trying that route rather than an new antenna. In my opinion other antennas would look crap but you can get short rubber type ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got crap radio reception on the VI too. I'd assumed it was just a bad aeriel, but is there any easy way to check the amp is working (apart from crap reception?) Ralliart didn't put the radio in, so I'm just wondering if whoever did has had the same connection problem as Steve....

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris.......the easiest way is to disconnect the amplifier and see if it makes a difference.

This is quite easy to do if you remove the radio and pull the radio wiring loom through. You will see coming from pin 3 (numbered such on the connector block also with a blue/white coloured wire) that it leads to another single wire connector deeper under the dash. This is the aerial amplifier connector. The amplifier is located in the rear pillar by the rear windscreen itself (according to the Workshop Manual EVO VI as I have not looked myself).

Just disconnect this block (single wire connector) and see what happens.

If this does appear to be incorrectly connected you will probably find that Pin 3 and 4 (as with me) are the wrong way around. You car radio might have a wiring diagram showing the ISO connector so you can check and alter as necessary.

Incidently the accessory position power supply operated by the ignition switch and the permanent power supply to the radio were also the wrong way around. However there is a switch on the radio itself to reverse these (in my case).

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Steve for that,

I might have a rummage about tonight.

The radio switches off with the ignition, so I suspect that's wired up correctly. There appears to be no dimming on the radio when the lights are on, but I need to have a look at the destructions to see if there should be.

The radio is a Nakamichi - I had to buy it because you get a 6 CD changer in the head unit (single DIN) without any more bits. How cool is that? Shame the Evo VI concert hall acoustics means I'd be just as well off with a £2 transistor radio http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
****! And I do;t even have an antenna / aerial on my E4 RS but radio reception is quite OK, though I always load up and play my CD stacker or slap some cassetes on! http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Funny how expensive the radio antenna / aerial is here! Kept me from buying one! Even more so with the digital clock!!! I could have bought a Tag-Heuer F1 (junior size) for the price the local Mitsubishi parts dealers were selling it to me! [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to Mitsubishi to get a radio connector today, mine is a III, but it may be the same, the part number is RAD051, if anyone else out there needs one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts