Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into buying an Evo - Question though ...

Where is the radio aerial on the Evo 5 and amp; 6. On a couple of 5's i've seen them on the drivers side windscreen pillar and haven't seen them at all on the 6. Is there an electric one on the tailgate. or perhaps a rear window demister incorporated one ??

Cheers

James.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's on the rear window. Not sure if its combined with the rear demister or separate. I'm also sure I've seen a UK spec Evo 6 with an antenna in the A pillar, like the Impreza.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howard

You are correct in saying that it is incorporated into the rear windscreen. IT it located at the top third of the glass and is seperate from the demisting portion, which is a great shame as it would be nice to actually have the top portion of the screen demisted. The 'built in' antenna is also not too brialian in radio reception.

markja

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howard

You are correct in saying that it is incorporated into the rear windscreen. IT it located at the top third of the glass and is seperate from the demisting portion, which is a great shame as it would be nice to actually have the top portion of the screen demisted. The 'built in' antenna is also not too brialian in radio reception.

markja

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Althought the aerial is incorporated in the rear windscreen there is also an aerial amplifier mounted in the rear pillar. When connecting up the aerial you must also supply 12 volts to the aerial amplifier or the reception is appalling. With it connected up properly I thought it was quite good for a little aerial

1 - 5 of 5 Posts