Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Snooper SD815i the best £300 I have spent I travel 30 into Manchester every day and it works a treat.

When I am up and down the country in area's I do not know It gives me a reasonable warning depending on speed.

Go to www.snooper.co.uk for spec.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the Bel550 Target Euro and am delighted with it !!!!!!

Expensive tho' at £450; but I can do you one for £330.80 inc vat and del,
have 4 in stock.

Other one to consider is the Geodesy, ideally you want both, oh and a jammer ,
budget £1000 for all 3.....then you are just about bullet proof....errr apart from SPECS.

Justin
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone used the Valentine One? From the reviews its supposed to have the best range besides the K-40. Usually the radar can pick you up before your radar detector even picks it up. I would guess it goes the same for a radar jammer? Would all radar detectors or jammers work with radar guns or cameras?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For all things speeding (is that right?) then the best source of info in my opinion is http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
Where ever possible they test detectors with the cameras the Police actually use and being completely independant you should get a good review.
From all the reviews I have seen over the last year then the ranking of the best detectors are:
1) Valentine One 2001, simply the best in all aspects but expensive (£599 rrp)
2) Bell Target Euro 550, best value, great detection with good warnings and a low number of false alarms (£450 rrp)
3) Snooper 715iS, good value, good detection with adequate warning but a lot of false alarms, better performance than the higher priced 815iS in tests (£199 rrp)

A lot of people go for the Bell as it is the best value package. If you can get a Valentine One cheap or second hand then go for that. From what I have heard Snoopers aren't very good and give a lot of false alarms.
What do I have?
Geodesy and now I am going to get the Bell 550 (Justin you have email ;))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the snooper 815 (got it for £200, call me if you want the number).

great with mobile/fixed gatsos, but also great for detecting traffic lights, super market doors and anything else with a rader on....

drives you mad round town, great in the country, so depending where you drive.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I've got a snooper 815 and the thing drives me round the bend with it's constant bleeping at traffic lights, supermarkets etc! I only plug it in when I get out of town - it's quite good for picking up Gatsos early.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had a few customers buy new Snoopers for £200-£300
and part ex them for a Bel550 within weeks for just £50 8-(

I ran a snooper for a while and wasnt impressed at all, the Bel550 is so
much better; GATSO detection is just fantastic, its amazing how many
duds there are out there, lol !

Still get some false alarms though, but with my history
(got 18 months ban for 150mph|PLS| ~errr very plus !) I just
couldnt drive without me Bel now !

Perhaps ill invest in a jammer too, after ive done cams and ECU http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a Bel550 from Justin - well worth the dosh. However, I also have a Jammer which I am reluctant to use - how do you explain that one to the law?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with the comments on the snooper's but it has saved me points in the last 3 years.
Where can I find Info on the Bel 550?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dragon

¸.·´¯`·-|EQU| and amp;gt; Try this link: http://www.beldirect.co.uk/bel550.htm http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Greets
eviEVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·---|EQU|[off-topic]|EQU|---·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`
..how to make a working link on this board..?! [:-{)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blueevo,
The theroy goes that a jammer will send back a false signal to the laser gun. Mr Plod gets confused with the error signal or a stupid speed reading (300mph!) and whacks the gun with is truncheon to get it working again (OK elaborated there a bit ;)). He then trys again BUT you were warned by your jammer that you had been zapped the first time so you slow down. Mr Plod gets a correct reading the second time of you going under the speed limit. Obviously if Mr Plod continues to get false or error readings then he will get very suspicious and pull you over anyway. For that reason jammers only work for a few seconds (3 to 5 seconds I think).
I am sure all the info is on http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk including photos of the typical readings laser guns get when jammed.
By the way laser guns do have a 'being jammed' indicator but none of the better jammers actually trigger it, they just get an error reading.

Obviously this is all speculation and theroy because I don't want to suggest that anyone should break speed limits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had 3 different radar detectors over some 12 years and the Valentine One is easily the best. (Also had top Bel model). The Valentine picks up Gatso's at a good 1/4 mile range, and that's just reflected backsplash 'cos Gatso's fire away from you as you approach. M25 near Heathrow is easy peasy 'cos you can tell if the threat is in front of you or if you are already past it. This is important when there are mutiple cameras close together.

Also got a K40 Defuser to jam lasers. Don't know how good it is tho' - no doubt will find out one day!

Anyone know of sources of true radar ECM systems (Electronic Counter Measures)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One other question on the radar detectors ,has it saved your arse rather than detect camera's that you were all aware of in the 1st place ?,as I have an older version of one and never use it as generally know where hot spots are and keep my speed down .
Must admit very few cameras in wiltshire ,were pretty lucky that way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No probs Charlie, always keep plenty in stock,these things sell like hot cakes !

Gis a shout on 01233 500384 when you want to order.

Id say pop down to Ashford in Kent so I can demonstrate how good they are,
but typical bloody Ashford....NO GATSO's...!

Unlike the M25 Heathrow Section http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Best wishes,

Yellow5 !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fair point, but the Bel also picks up hand held guns and mobile Gatsos,
so its best to use it every time you go out !

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul

I used to find it very useful on the M25 when the variable speed limits are in operation! Would be great if it could pick up the SPECS though and those Blue cameras that face you (not Trafficmaster). The Blue cameras seem to be all around Northampton.

I do like what the local farmers have done on the Witney - Cheltenham road (A40), pushed them over or broken them off! Good can of spray paint should help - now here's a plan...........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And yes..........it has saved my arse http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

I do hope theres no coppers on this board...ROFL !

Justin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts