Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Government yesterday re-introduced the Road Safety Bill to Parliament, which will outlaw radar and laser detectors. Describing it as a measure to clamp down on irresponsible driving and improve road safety were today reintroduced to Parliament, the Bill includes a number of other measures,

From PistonHeads this morning ...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Bloddy interfering bas***ds!!!!

Ive only recently gone and spent out on a Road Angel 2 as well :cry:

Its not even out of its box yet..........

>contemplates a further rant about the 159mph pig... then realises its been done to death on here already ;) <

Although there was a similar case in the papers today...

Piggie crashed his car @ 90mph, then when the case came to court they had (you'll never believe it could happen :rolleyes: ) LOST the black box from the car.

Case dismissed, trebles all round sir.

Go figure eh?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Is this a definate as I need to renew my membership on my Road Angel :confused:

No point wasting the money if I'm not going to be able to use it :rolleyes:

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bex, Road Angel isn't a laser/radar detector though (unless you plug that bit in), it uses GPS and a database of known locations.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Radar said:
Bex, Road Angel isn't a laser/radar detector though (unless you plug that bit in), it uses GPS and a database of known locations.
I know I have that bit :p No need to try and make me look stupid, I can do that on my own :moon:

I can't be bothered to shell out money if they are going to do you for having them in your car, that was what I was on about :D

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are several threads about what will and will not be banned GPS is OK, detectors will be ilegal ...

But the bill didn,t take too long to get back on the books .....

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
But most are now BOTH GPS and Detectors - however as the "detection" bit is useless (By the time it warns you of a fix, they have your speed) then why not just mount it lower down out of sight.

I will be placing my S4 on top of the steering column when this comes into force - it still get's a GPS fix and warns you of speed cameras.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I got a snooper S6R NEO, the radar laser detector box is hidden behind the grill, and I'll carry on using it thank you very much. :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
scratch339 said:

>contemplates a further rant about the 159mph pig... then realises its been done to death on here already ;) <
Properly :rofl:

Does anyone know when this Bill will come into effect? They've been saying they're going to ban them for years, and every year it doesn't happen - so what makes it special this time?

RA2 has built-in laser detection, both front and back, and it works damn well if I may say so, however when the law is passed RA will release a software update which will disconnect all the laser detection circuitry making it perfectly legal to use.

I've personally been wondering if that's a clever tactic that they're using - the company officially releases the patch, so they're covered - but none of the owners actually ever installs it. How will the police know that you haven't installed the patch?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sandman said:
I got a snooper S6R NEO, the radar laser detector box is hidden behind the grill, and I'll carry on using it thank you very much. :D
I have one off these also.

did you cut a hole in the mesh or just place it behind ?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
123456 said:
I have one off these also.

did you cut a hole in the mesh or just place it behind ?
you have PM :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts