Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else has a radar detector/ speed camera spotting device thingy in their car? What do you think of it?
I personally hate it.... It sounds like you are firing up a flipping spaceship when you plug it in, because of where it's positioned it means I can't put my visor down (no longer applicable as sunshine ceases to exist)
and I think it reacts to a leaf falling......

Anyone else hate it? or do you think it's the dogs nadgers!??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have had mine around a year as it was in my previous car before the evo it has picked up a couple of gastos but these seam to always be in 30/40mph zones so i am already going slow .
it never fails to pick up a signal from every auto shop door in town and never misses a set of traffic lights .
but i do not want to take it out as i am convinced as soon as i remove it as gasto will step out from behind a bush on a duel carrage way and take so lovely pics of my car .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used one here in Japan for about 2 yeras and it is very useful. On the hi-sensitivity setting it always picks up way to many signals such as electric doors, but it has saved me many times!
Sometimes it even sounds when a police car is near....silly rozzers leaving the radar gun on!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just bought a beltronics 550 euro. On that you can disable the self test, which beeps about 12 times when you start up. Particually annoying if you own a diesel. You have to switch the ignition on to 1 to warm the glow plugs, then onto 2 to start. I am happy for it to bleep like R2 D2 on coke as it will hopefully help me keep my licence clean now. Been flashed 3 times in the last year and not had a ticket.

Cheers
Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts