Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, basically the situation is I have an Evo 7 GSR and am wanting to fit an "OMP Grip" carbon fibre side-mounted seat to it but am unsure of how's gonna be best to do it TBH :confused: A couple of people I've asked so far have unfortunately been using the word WELD , at which point I've stopped listening as I want to be able to simply put the standard seat back in when I eventually sell the car in the future!
Is this going to be of any use does anybody think, does anyone know if it will be suitable to go in an Evo 7??
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=OMPHC665

Any help & advice will be gratefully received :( ;)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The main problem is getting the height of the seat right - if like me u find the standard seat position too high. AFAIK to do this you have 2 options both requiring some welding:

either
i) The existing seat runners can be cut and welded to make them sit lower in the car. I think Mark at MAD has done this :confused:
or
ii) Weld 2 cross braces to the sills/tunnel to take the bolts for the sidemounts - this is how mine are fitted after i gave up trying to find a ready made runner.

It takes a bit of trial and error to get it right because the bulge in the central tunnel on the driver's side ( at least on a 4/5/6) limits how low u can get the seat if u want it to line up prefectly with the s/wheel.

HTH

Darryl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts