Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please.....

Would like to fit a harness to the car for the odd trackday. I found it very uncomfortable and dangerous having to shuffle yourself backwards in the seat after heavy braking.

I have searched on google but none the wiser! What i am after is something that is cheap, safe and quick to fit temporary to the car for when i do trackdays.

any one help???

thanks

russ

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Try searching on here as there have been at least couple of threads in the not too distant past about harnesses. And your friendly Demon Thieves Motorsport Catalogue will show you a decent choice of what to buy.

The Willans I use have an eye bolt fitted to the seatbelt mounting point on the back seat for the shoulder straps: the right hand lap strap uses the seatbelt mounting point on that side. But the seatbelt mounting point to the left of the driver I think can't take a lap strap so I had an eye bolt fixed behind the seat on the side of the transmission tunnel. Not a lot of work needed in the end :)

Steve.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
For the RH lap fixing I used a normal seat belt mounting from a scrappy and fixed it to the bolt that holds the road going clip clasp in.
Much neater and only took me minutes to fit ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts