Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, looking for a few small-ish sponsors or one big one.

Could do with raising around £3k per annum.

Happy with 4 or 5 smaller sponsors or 1 big one, or anything in between!

What I'm after from you guys is some ideas of companies to approach.

I'm thinking of companies which have a connection to cars, motoring, or motorsport (e.g. Autolok - the people who make physical security devices for your car).

Also, any company which provides a "speedy" service - couriers, etc etc.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could suggest some companies to approach - and if you have contact details, all the better!! :D ;)

Thanks in advance,

Rob

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I dont want to shag your hope's but in my experience this is nearly impossible unless you own your own company and can put it through the books as corporate hospitality etc :(

I wish you lot's of luck though mate ;)

Fra

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Road Angel
Halfords

are two big companys I can think of,

But I would personally not restrict myself to car realted companys,

You can play this from a diffrent angle, if the company sponsors you enable them to come and watch and cheer you along, corporate entertaiment....! They can entertain clients by taking them to watch you and you get your sponsors :) just a thought

·
Registered
961 Posts
Packaging companies for race tape
Graphics companies for decals
Years ago shell and castrol used to sponsor small outfits
with lub and stuff.
A local motor factors may be able to help with consumables and sudries

I know cash is great but it is easier for company's to give products than cash.

hth
Sean

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looks like a good crack. Im starting in the Caterham acadamy this year and ive had no luck with the sponsorship thing. Good idea of Frogs though to try some of the consumable companies (its f*ck all I know but every bit helps)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input so far guys.

I know it's an uphill struggle with this kind of thing, but I'm working on the idea of having say 4 companies each contributing £500 - it's not an awful lot to them, but it totals 2 grand to me.

That would make a BIG difference. EG - first time out, I collected a spinning car and although my repairs will only be a couple of hundred quid, it's enough to make me miss the next race :cry:

Thanks again - will follow these up - particularly tensator.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
EVO BLUE said:
Looks like a good crack. Im starting in the Caterham acadamy this year and ive had no luck with the sponsorship thing. Good idea of Frogs though to try some of the consumable companies (its f*ck all I know but every bit helps)
I did the academy a few years ago, you'll have a blast.... PM if you want some "setup" hints.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Out of 8 events:-

6, 4, 2, 3, 1, 13, DNF, 5

I got 1 pole & 2 2nd's in qualifiying.

I was 2nd on the grid for the race where I finished 13th, but was disqualified and put to the back of the grid for being 1kg under weight. I got from 28th to 6th, but dropped back to 13th missing someones accident.

I was on pole for the DNF, and was hit and put off by another car.

I came 6th overall, but would have been 2nd or 3rd if it were not for the two races where I got poor results.

I am doing Inters this year, and am intending to win the championship.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
For what this thread was originally started for, before it got bombed!! :rolleyes: :D
Rob have you been onto tensator yet ?? If you do get onto them let me know if they were any good and in the mean time if I think of anyone else I'll let you know!!

I'll have a word with my old man and see if he'll sponsor you as he owns a couple of small business's

what about Mosi give him a dig in the ribs :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CTRnutter said:
Rob have you been onto tensator yet ?? If you do get onto them let me know if they were any good and in the mean time if I think of anyone else I'll let you know!!

I'll have a word with my old man and see if he'll sponsor you as he owns a couple of small business's

what about Mosi give him a dig in the ribs :D
Cheers Matey!

Will get onto Tensator tomorrow.

I've come up with another angle on this which might appeal to the more philanthropic business owners out there.

I'm gonna offer to TRY to match whatever they pay in sponsorship with donations to their favourite charity. Will do fund raising both at the race tracks and away from them...........

Might not match them pound for pound, but I'll certainly give it a damned good go!

Thanks for your assistance!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.