Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't say I have used mine for a while, it really is just a toy despite what they say.
Yep you do need a level surface as it use an accelerometer to work everything out (hence no wires). There is a level surface above the dash although curved you can mount the AP22 there with the provided Blu Tac (LOL thats what you call a mounting kit ;))
Blade also has one I believe which leads me on to....

Blade,
What settings do you use on your AP22 for your Evo? (I know yours isn't standard but it will give me some idea how far out my settings might be)
I have :
CdA |EQU| 0.210
Roll Resistance |EQU| 0.029
Tilt Factor |EQU| 0.005
Roll Factor |EQU| 0.011
Smoothing |EQU| 0.004

I think the CdA, Rolling resistance and Tilt Factor maybe out on mine but I worked it out how they suggested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm not having a bloody great box stuck on the top of my dash!

Gimmic! Thought so..wasn't too sure

Also sounds as though no-one can set it up correctly

oh well....still looking for more mods (getting a bit obsessive now! - although haven't really spent much!! - ap brake kit then!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ant, now you are talking. The AP brake kit is superb. The one I have driven is the 362 mm rather than the 330mm or the 328mm. You need to make sure that whatever whells you are getting give enough clearance before ordering the AP's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, Thank Simon - that will really screw things up, by the time I've finished the wheels will have 6inch spacers in them!!

Will look at thouse team dynamics again on monday, after all I've already paid for the OZ's so what another 1500 - 1/3 rd of a house sale in Wimbledon?...better get the staff selling again.

Seriously though the wheels do look stunning, better that any others i have ever seen, it is so tempting - but just trying to justify the price!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ants - AP22 is quite good. HH6, I haven't bothered with CDA etc. - at the moment I have only measured g forces with it.

I would have thought the CdA figure was around 0.32 wing down, 0.37 wing up. Haven't measured rolling resistance yet, as the gearbox may be adding drag in the driveline (knackered diff).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AntsEvo

The good thing about things like these is that you can stick 'em on top of the dash when you're fannying around and then just chuck it in the glovebox (like HH6 has done) when you've finished - it needn't stay there all the time!

In that sense it's a bit like a rolling road session/0-60 sprint/quarter mile - if you've never done one you're really keen to see what your car can do but once you have it loses it's appeal unless you do something to affect the car's performance, that's maybe why HH6's has entered virtual retirement.

Maybe HH6 (or even the MLR!) could set up a rental scheme - at 2 weeks for £10 you'd have your money back within 6 months HH6!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got ####ed off with mine when I only could get 0-60mph in about 5.2 seconds and that was the best run :(
Mind you that was without sidestepping the clutch so is probably about right (sorry but I am too mechanically sympathic for sidestepping). Brake testing was also a bit off and was no where near what I was expecting.
The trouble is if the settings are out then it throws the readings out. You really need to set it up on a drag strip with timing gear (as suggested in the manual) or a rolling road and once calibrated it should be very good. It has had really good reviews.
Hmmm...this has renewed my interest a bit perhaps I will get it out again.

Blade,
The CdA is the Cd times the frontal cross sectional area so is not the same as the Cd (which is a pain cos I could have got that from Autocar 0.32 like you said I think). As you know they do tell you how to work it out by using coast down, I have tried it several times and taken the average and thats the results I came up with for mine. I thought the CdA was way too small but that's what it works out at. Obviously the rolling resistance will change from car to car (and even with something simple as tyre pressures!). Tilt factor is another grey area.
G-force is quite amusing, the most I got was when the thing flew off the dash in a corner :D
Have you got the new logging software? (DCAT) It wasn't out when I got mine and saves a lot of Excel bashing.

AntsEvo,
Its not a bloody great box, its only the size of a fatish *** packet. It comes in a rather fetching carry case too ;)

Chunky,
Good idea, mates rates will be £5/week and you can have for £20/week ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HH6 - you make that sound so nice, perhaps I could get it decorated with tinsel and fairy lights

Might give it a go though - it is rather cheap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, got the new software! I may be selling mine if I upgrade my stack, as that will have g meters and wheel speed measure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts