Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had first run in wet conditions with these tyres..

My usual B road blatt with some standing starts and round the roundabout testing thrown in. :D

Got tyres warmed up and went for it.... grip in wet is staggering in all aspects, found it hard to break traction even in the low gears.!

Drag started off line at lights and after slight wheelspin, car just took off dead straight and at full pelt.

Full lockup braking downhill, no prob with grip, ABS kicking in at last min.. excellent.

These tyres are much better than A046s in any road condition, no question.!

Will see how I get on at Snetterton next Friday......... I hope it is p1ssing down..hehe

Cheers
Rob

·
Banned
4,875 Posts
Rob i was waiting to hear how these fair in the wet. Sounds very good indeed. I wont be be using them on track just road use but sounds they suited to everyday use as well :D

now i gotta hope they do them in 235 40 18

Cheers

Si

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looking into these tyres I don't think there's any doubt that they are one of, if not the best out there but I'm just not sure I can justify spending that sort of money on tyres which will only last around 4,000 to 5,000 miles?
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has run these tyres longer than 5,000 miles??

·
Banned
4,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
I'm still on that set, although they will need replacing soon. I've rotated them a couple of times, but they've probably done 10,000 miles. They've done a few track laps and some sprints, but mainly motorway miles. It depends how you drive and where you use them. If you drive everywhere like you do on track they'll last no time at time.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
As for the wet, I've found them very good in normal wet conditions, but did get caught in one massive downpour. They felt very out of control and had to drop to 40mph on the motorway to feel safe.

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
I ended up going for the Yoko A048. Was told that the Toyo's were modelled on them. :confused: This was from someone who sells Yoko's though. :rolleyes: Found the grip so far to be phenomenal, to the point where you start to giggle stupidly. :D Not had any experience with them in heavy rain yet but damp conditions they're great. :)

Pete

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
willox said:
where did you buy from?need to ditch the federals :crackup: they are pretty scary at times :D
I don't know if you mean me or not...... :blush: Got the Yoko's from George Polley Motorsport, not the cheapest it would seem though. The Toyo's have been on offer at either My tyres or black circles. Can't remember which though. :rolleyes: :)

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Pete Iles said:
I don't know if you mean me or not...... :blush: Got the Yoko's from George Polley Motorsport, not the cheapest it would seem though. The Toyo's have been on offer at either My tyres or black circles. Can't remember which though. :rolleyes: :)

Pete
yes.thanks :)
martin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.