Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a reasoanbly quiet BOV. I suspect that my standard one is leaking under boost. I have been considering the Forge Re-Circ. Anybody able to confirm how loud these are? I do not want something that sounds like a bus everytime I change gear under boost. If the aftermarket ones are all quite loud I think I will just get a metal MR BOV.

Any advice gratefully received! :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i had the forge re-circ on mine mate before the new engine was fitted.... but it would sound quieter in your car mate due to you still running the std airbox and filter

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had a bailey on mine and it was making it run ***** on idle and was pretty loud so just changed it to an aps recirc and compared to the bailey it runs a lot better and a lot quieter and sounds alot better when you can hear it.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Another vote for the APS dual vent here.

We have a Forge on the 4 which is great at that level of boost (1.5 bar max). But I tried a Forge on the 9 (running 1.74 bar peak), and on part throttle it often sounded like a dentists drill ... went right through your head :blah:

The Forge was noisier on the 9 than the APS when leaning on the throttle too (sounded like a Spec R)

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi i have a forge re-circ, this one is pretty quiet.im running 1.7 bar and the bov sounds suttle i think its the one your after if u want suttle sound

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have a std metal one off a 9GT - make me an offer if you are interested...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts