Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum and the whole jap scene.

Im looking at buying an evo 2, and want to know a quick giude of what to look for.

I did a quick search, but couldnt find anything significant.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant. Thank you.

Im looking at an evo 2 tomorrow, 100% standard apparently, and good condition, whats the going rate for these now? ive got 2.5k to spend...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well went and had a look at it, and tbh, it was very tatty for what he wanted for it...

so im picking up a gun metal 2 on sunday if all goes to plan :)

apparently 300-350bhp... not to sure, as theres no paper work...

its running;-
front mount
water spray
full ss exhaust
greddy boost controller
greddy airfilter
and a few otyher bits and bobs.

Really excited now!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
from what he has said it sounds great...

Its odd, i used to enjoy blowing away evo's in the clio, and now find myself buying one lol...

I do miss it already she was around the 200bhp markl and 823kg :( hopefully the evo will be worth it..

Also, do the 4/5/6 engines etc fit in the 2's? what arte the best mods on the 2's? With the clios etc i could tell you but im a complete n00b when it comes to jap!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Every second hand car I've been to view has sounded great from the sellers description, but few are :wallbang:

They are worth it :smthumbup

You can get the later engine and box in, but its a ball ache as the later cars are 'handed' different. i.e. early car gearbox on left side of engine, later cars its on the right.

As for mods, the sky (or more likely the depth of your pockets) is the limit.

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great Thanks mate!

I would if i was going to convert it, put an fq-3XX lump in with all the ayc gubbins...

cant wait until tomorrow! gettig excited already lol!

Packing loads of CD's as apparently double DIN headunits dont pick up UK stations?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ideal cheers mate!

Picked her up last night. Shes not bad for what I paid, needs a few bits here and there. 5th gear crunches when rushed, so needs a new syncro, and there is what sounds like a diff whine, very slight, but its not from where the diff is... so I'll investigate that a little further... also could do with a new exhaust, any suggestions please?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I got a Blueflame exhaust from Camskill when I had my III and it was very well made and didn't break the bank either :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts