Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a must to run the car on axle stands at over 20kph or is it ok just to have the engine running when bleeding the ayc.

read some posts saying the pump only works over a certain speed? and others saying just to run the engine.

Cheers :confused:

·
Registered
609 Posts
You have to put it in gear and get it over 2krpm mate to engage the pump :)

Ferking scary if you doing it on axle stands and you the unlucky sole under the car LOL

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
to bled the ayc you need to turn the steering wheel to the right and crack off the left bled nipple and repeat until no air in system,and repeat for the other side.crack the right bled nipple off and turn steering to the left on full lock.this is because ,apparently theres a switch in the steering coloum or steeering wheel to sense the position.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****.. this isnt fun.

do you think i can drive 5 miles ok without bleeding. take it to mitsu.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you want to run the pump, surely wouldn't it be easyer to just bridge the terminals on the relay under the bonnet?
this is what i did when i setup my adjustable switch.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's not worth the grief of trying to do it yourself especially if you try to do it on axle satnds :eek: . Get Mitsubishi to do it, should cost no more than £45 or there ripping you off. Won't be any problems driving it 5 miles either. I drove mine 30 miles but did remove the AYC fuse just in case.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Make a search and there should be a thread by Linfo explaining how the bleeding process is done.
If you are driving the car the I suggest you remove the AYC fuse so that the pump won't activate.
Ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts