Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to bother u guys i know im a pain just wanted to know, if i fit an evo 6 injector to my 4, 245l fuel pump, hks cams 260 etc or 270 etc, adjustable pulleys, and a head gasket along with a link ecu rougly how much would that take my torque upto if i boost it up to 1.6 bar, i aint into bhp much just pulling power.

thanks again and sorry im novice guys so forgive me :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Moses

Torque is a function of bhp, you cannot remove one from the other. I am sure there are others who can explain it better than I can. The best way to gain extra torque for the same bhp is to increase boost. Other ellements of the setup are important, What induction kit are you using, what exhaust? Are you using a standard manifold and are you doing any work on the head. If you are fitting the new cams, you need to change the valve springs. This means taking the head off, so you might as well do some headwork.

I don't know for sure but get it all right and at 1.6 bar, you might get somewhere from 325-340 lbs/ft of torque

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot simon, i have a piper vipercross, fse boost valve just got the dawes fitted the guy didnt have the gauge so its down to 1 bar so he thinks, i have a full exhaust system right up to the turbo a scorpion tuner 5, my car is still restricted so its not full power yet, my acuator is messed up it goes from 1.1 or 1.2 bar then comes down to 0.7 need a new one so my torque was down to 245 my bhp was 292 i had unleaded not super that day i dont know if that would help, so im gonna put a bigger injector in it and an uprated fuel pump.

thanks again im actually waiting for a price of an evo 6 or 5 from ireland when i bought my evo 4 i was offered a 6 for 14000 pounds their are a few in the south at that price, i should have gone for that but i had just bought the 4 and after that i was offered that, so im still waiting for another price for an evo 6 if i get it cheap i would sell this and tune that up blade says u can take it upto 1.6 bar coz custard done the same with standard internals so will see how it goes.

take care mate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats cool superevo how did u get that mate what have u changed in it :D pls pls pretty pls tell me

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moses,
BHP is actually a function of torque x rpm.
When u say u like torque more than rpm , basically wot u mean is u don't wan2 rev the engine 2 high rpm 2 feel it pull , well that's wot turbo engines r good at ,BECAUSE , they have the benefit of having lots of air and fuel pushed in2 them without needing high revs . Atmo engines have 2 rev higher 2 breathe in the same amount of air/fuel so the torque is spread over a rpm band and builds more slowly , therefore u feel less punch. Wot u r asking 4 is a power band like the GRPa or WRC cars , they have a restictor in the inlet 2 the turbo which limits the amount of air the engine can take in , this limits top end BHP , but at lower revs in the midrange , the torque is massive by virtue of the cams , turbo , boost , fuel and ignition maps , port spec , and induction system. However , if the rules didn't require that restrictor things wud b very different , they wud have higher torque and bhp because the engine cud have all the air and fuel it wanted.
With your engine spec , the bigger injectors allow more fuel which permits more boost (air) , but the torque curve is dictated by the components I have mentioned above , trying 2 optimise torque in the midrange by mapping without changing other factors 2 suit wud compromise the top end 4 no advantage.
So basically u install the new injectors and c where that takes u :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot evoboy that was wonderful off u mate :D cheers so no probs thats what i will do and thanks again enjoy the weekend :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts