Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys....glad to be a new member of this forum....anyway....here's the story....I'm a proud owner of a Proton M21 Coupe (for those of you that don't know what on earth that thing is....well....it's a Malaysian made Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe 1993 model....well Proton is just a small company you know....pity....but they took over Lotus Cars....yea) wish i could afford to buy an EVO....
Ok....right now....it is powered by a 4G93 DOHC engines (NA) giving roughly about 140HP (as claimed by proton)....Recaro's and Momo items as standard equipment....bought it all for about £9300....been driving it for 3 years now in standard form....so now i've decided to give it a few mods....(tired of being smoked by Honda Civic VTEC's....those damn little fast and yes....expensive cars here in Malaysia)....
Right now....the trend here is pretty simple....buy a half-cut mitsu's....transplant the engine and boom....there it goes....but for me....i'm the tech nerd type of guy you know....rather than just send the my car to the workshop and ask them to do the job....I'd like to know what actually that they are doing....all the surgery that needs to be done....what's the best mod and so on....
And the good thing here is....i'd like to share as well as asks for some advice (well...a lot actually) from you guys....i'm going to tell everything from A-Z (yeah i know....pretty boring stuffs)....but...hey....we all have go to some B rated movies sometimes right?

Ok....so now lets get started....there are a few options....1)Galant VR-4 RS (240HP) 2)Lancer 1.6L Mivec (160HP) 3)Lancer GSR 1.8L (190HP) 4)EVO 1 (250HP) 5)EVO 3 (270HP)....well there u r....all the options arranged according from cheapest to the biggest wallet hole burner....so....what do u guys think....which one is the best?....the thing is....all of these engines are going to be matched to a 2WD GBox....so i'd like to know what is the best GBox for the engine mod? LSD or no LSD? I don't think my standard non LSD box is going to last long if i were to go by it....and i don't know anything about GBox....so....how about it guys?....care to take part in my mad quest to beat (or at least try) those VTEC's....ok....she might not be a Mitsu's Lancer....but then....hey....she's the distant cousin allright....it's all in the bloodline....A Proton M21 with mitsu's EVO engine....

Sorry for the extra long forum message....so....if you guys agree....let's do it....hope i'll be hearing from u guys soon....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Putra_RS_Coupe

I also live in Malaysia and have heard about people putting the Evo engine in the Protons. Provos! hehe. But it depends on how much $ you got and how fast you want it to be. Dont know much about how much modifications you need to do to make it run right. If I were to do it I would probably go for the 270hp. You did say your tired of getting smoked by Honda Vtec's? Well I aint no tech nerd but if you want to be fast then go for the best mod. After this Winter vacation when I get back to KL I will be searching for a Evo 7. Still taking my time to find the best price since I have to wait till Feb to purchase one anyways, hoping it will drop. When it first came out it was RM260-270 now its around RM230-240. But I think thats as low as it will go. But you never know! :D Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there anybody else in or out of Malaysia that has done this kind of modifications read this msg....if you do....then can you please be kind enough to share the information? What's the cost? What about complications or problems?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have an Evo 3 in a Wira A/B. Mines ECU Upgrade, Blitz SSBC, Apexi AFC, Blitz SUS Airfilter, Apexi BOV.What have you done to your car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol at derek888.

provos is the name of a sectarian organisation in Northern Ireland mate.( like the ira and the eta in spain )

I wouldnt say that too loud ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK....got hold of an EVO halfcut....badly smashed up....but with only 46000km on the clock and a smooth sounding running engine (the wreckers started the engine). No intercoolers though....but what i'm confused with is that is it really an EVO III as claimed by the wreckers. Can anyone verify this? Here's the spec i got from the chassis (E-CE9A SNGE - 4G63 W83M Ecu no. 2364) And does anyone knows any good 2WD LSD Box that can be matched to the engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts