Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,
Chatting to Evoboy at Donnington and I mensioned that it would be a good idea if the MLR promoted itself at Mitsu dealers selling the EVO, he seemed to think it was a good idea so blame him for this post.

Its a simple idea really, the MLR contacts all Mitsu dealers selling the EVO and sends them a copy of the membership form and a little poster, we ask nicely that they mension the club to people who order an EVO and hey presto we get a new member (maybe we could even try and persuade some of the dealers to pay for memberships and give them away free?)

Anyway even if you don't like the idea can I get hold of some promotion material please, I'm fed up being the only MLR member in Cambridge when I see a few other cars on the road and know that the local dealer sells enough of them.

Ta
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What we really need is some sort of We can help you card. That you can slip under the wiper of any unsuspecting Evo parked up. Giving details of the club membership, a few benefits etc. I'm sure most Evo owners haven't heard of the club.
And you could leave a pile at each dealer, for people to pick up whilst they are browsing the showrooms, etc..

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan

Thats a good idea mate, i was recently at the Ralliart garage in Barnsley and when i mentioned the MLR they just didnt have a clue what i was on about, think they thought i was making it up!!:(
So yea anything to promote it would help big style... Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i get promotional material made every day, so if anyone wants some prices for hats/posters or anything that is printed/designed, give me a shout.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, good idea, had it in my previous car clubs. All it needs is a pull out page in the centre of WC with club details on it. As an insentive you could put your own membership number on the page and when a set number of new members joined you got a small reward.

If you get any good ideas like this then please email Darin, he may take a while to reply due being very busy most of the time but your comments are always appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could we arrange for a mag (MLR before you get too excited ;))and card to be left in the car when they are in for a service?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always promote it when talking to people that show an interest in the car ,strange how the termination My car club always springs up and the car club I belong to .
Its not just a web site ,Its a car club ,unlike other webby material .
this is why I havn't moved to other web addresses as I belong to the MItsubishi Lancer Register.
Sound fkin sad but thats the way it for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Darin ,some good ideas,but putting any marketing strategy in place takes proper planning,market research,and a good budget.The problem I see with marketing the MLR is firstly the name.It conveys very little of what the club actually is,ie. a CLUB.It would not be difficult to turn the MLR into a highly profitable ,non profit making organization like other Car Clubs but you would need the involvement of members who are marketing experts like myself to devote some free time,and of course the register needs the budget.I know this may sound a bit arrogant ,but of all the ways of doing things ,there is only one way and thats the RIGHT WAY.I believe the MLR is currently lacking in the ability and resources ,to promote itself to the level required,and there are many oportunities that need to be followed through.There are Im sure many members of different trades and proffessions who could help you and the MLR achieve whatever goals it likes to set.The problem is many will make suggestions,or be critical,but what is needed is committment,and action.I am willing to help so you can put me on the team if you wish, I believe you have done a great job getting the MLR this far,and there are many benefits and activities in place which are excellent.

I know it is difficult because of the old Catch 22 thing,you need capital to develope the MLR and attract more members,but you need the income from the membership to provide the capital,which Im sure is not enough.You are right there is a need to progress to Phase 2,my feeling is there is always a way and if you can find the time and motivation you will find the way!
Keep up the good work Regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When i was in the market for a Scoob I wrote to SIDC and along with the application form I got a black and white reproduction of an older mag. Was well impressed with that. I still read it every now and then. How about sending dealers the opportunity to purchase the mag only on an annual subscription basis they could put this in the service area, where customers sit. Or send it free on the condition it is put in a binder that had to be available for visitors to see. Members could do stealth checks to see if they were there on visits.

Introduce 3 NEW members and get your next membership free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I was at Autosport on sat, the Peugeot Sport Club were out putting promotional material under the wiper blades on all Peugeots. Thought that was a rearly good way of promoting there club to the right people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wazzup wrote:

and amp;gt;There are Im sure many members of different trades and proffessions who could help you and the MLR and amp;gt;achieve whatever goals it likes to set.

I own an embroidery company, so if you need promotional clothing/ accessories then mail me.

Sorry, no Nike or Audi TT badges ;)

Deano.
www.embroider.co.uk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts