Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing all that thread about AntsEvo RC 7 got me thinking a bit.

At the end of the day the anti fuel cut thingy is modifying the signal to the ecu so the ecu won't cut the ignition at high air flow. As this will also reduce fuelling you need to counteract this with higher pressure regulator/larger injectors.

Isn't this all a bit bodgy on a high spec, high cost engine? It sounds like the sort of thing that you would consider on a car costing less than 5k not one around the 20k (at least) mark.

Why not get the job done properly with a programmable ecu? Obviously you're in the hands of the people who will map this for you.

I guess some people are happy with the results that the anti fuel cut gives and thats fair enough, but it all seems a bit crappy to me. Especially if you are going to make further mods (and lets face it who doesn't).

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
SAfC route is cheap and reliable and can be made to work very well. It is proven technology, as are all the other Japanese aftermarket interceptor boxes. Ralliart Group A Starions used HKS F-Con.
In some countries it is the only option as standalone ecu's are only legal off road.
It's main limitation is that you need an extra box for ignition control and another for boost control to gain the full programming capabilities of an aftermarket ecu. You still won't have any extras like launch control, anti-lag, datalogging etc.

OK a standalone ECU often has many more options and may operate at a faster processor speed. But that is reflected in the price. Motec and GEMS aren't the only aftermarket ecus in the world.

Also
Pectel (awesome), TAG (bit pricey!), MBE, DTA (good value), Weber-Marelli Alpha, Wolf, Autronic, Electromotive, Link, Emerald, Omex, Lumenition.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
How much is a Pectel (whichever one is suitable) and how much would a TAG-300 cost? Would be kinda cool to be able to say you have the same engine management system as the McLarens. I suspect the price will be out of my reach though...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot Haltech.

MK - I don't know the prices. Pectel is similar to Motec prices I think. TAG is stratospheric!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts