Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Do you know if it's possible to fit the hks pillow ball top mounts with the proflex gr.n shocks that have the separate gas tanks?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I`ve thought about this myself, but have decided against it because you adjust camber by using plates with different eccentric holes and I`ve got quite a few. If the standard one`s aren`t enough you can always drill your own. The reason why I thought about the HKS mounts was that setting different cambers is a bitch as you probably know yourself. I don`t think the pillowball mounts will interfere with the geometry, but I`m not sure. So why don`t you buy them and tell me if it works

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael K,

What I don't know is if the hks top mounts can be fitted with the proflex because of the house going out of the proflex at the top of it to the separate gas tank.Is the hole in the top mount big enough for that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, good point I think even if it fits, the damper will have to be depressurized, which happens when you take the top off. That means you`d need to repressurize the damper, which probably can`t be done without proper equipment. Also, my japanese host brother (who is also an engineer) said that pillowball mounts are bad for the cars as they have no play or cushioning and might bend the chassis where they are mounted to.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Blade,

isn't that topic a little bit old now?

I have the hks fitted with proflex :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
ooppss sorry Tony, the above post should be for Gerrit:)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
They're for real alright! They just don't know how to organise a **** up in a brewery or keep customers informed. Let alone potential new customers.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Dammit N.Ring I edited it straight away after I posted it and you still had time to read it, were you lurking here waiting for someone to post in this thread? :D

There couldn't have been more than 15 seconds between the post and the edit!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts