Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friend has a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME, sold in Sweden.

He has bought a Blitz Nur Spec R-system from Blitz Japan, but it won`t bolt on to the catalyst, they look way different (the flanges or what you call them in english).

Could this be becasue we have different catalyst (i don`t know, maybe the same) than they have in Japan? Because this system is made for this car/engine, and I`Ve verfied the partnumber with Blitz partslist, and it is the correct system.

Or, do I also need to buy a downpipe, de-cat pipe or a frontpipe to make it fit?!

I know Blitz has a frontpipe, maybe I just need to buy that part?

Please advice!

Best regards
Andreas, Sweden

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
dont fit

ive been told if you buy a magnex cat replacement it should fit ?
because ive just ordered a blitz nur spec r and i was told this will work perhapse your cats are different i dont know let me know how you get on m8 :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Hi Andreas :)

The Blitz is designed to bolt directly onto the standard CAT, so i'm puzzled to know why yours doesnt fit. Certainly the Blitz downpipe has the same flanges as the standard downpipe so you would be wasting your money by buying one of those to solve the problem.

Heres a photo of the Blitz on my car, with decat pipe ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks.

We have a different catalyst on the swedish Evo6`s I`ve learned, so I`Ve now ordered a Blitz frontpipe and a Kakimoto cat-replacement pipe, hopefully that will solve the problem.

/ Andreas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts