Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EVO 6 TM Edition about 6 months old and have noticed a slight problem that seems to affect the front left wheel. it sometimes feels as if there is a some kind of rubbing and/or vibration at speeds below 40mph. the front left also seems to make more noise when going over bumpy roads at low speeds. the performance of the car does not seem to be affected, but i'm a bit cautious when driving fast on twisty roads now. as you guys seem to know a great deal about these cars, i thought i would hear your thoughts on the problem before having it checked out at the garage. any ideas what this could be?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the same noise-vibration on front right wheel,but no idea on the solution or cause!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speed Demon,
Funnily enough i have similar noises coming from the fron left wheel/suspension area.
Not rubbing noises but banging going over rough/bumpy roads.
Was told its the track rod end.
Think they are about £30 because the car has had one before i owned it and have the service bill.
Mines a Evo 4 GSR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delboy,
thanks for the info. did either of you guys experience any difference with regards to the car's handling. and did you notice the vibration and/or noise more when driving below 40, because above that it doesn't really seem to be there. should i get it checked right away or could i just drive it and feel it out to see if it gets any worse. any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a look at warped disc syndrome,it can just affect one side,the brake pads will just rub slightly on roll ,but affects different people at different speeds.
this would be the 1st thing I would have a look at before any thing else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts