Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry to post here but i just wondered if anyone is having problems viewing pics on this site (ie.. japfest ones)?? Also the signature pics under peoples names seem to be scrambled. They were all fine yesterday but i couldnt access the site earlier, not sure if its the site or my pc?? :confused: :confused: :( Btw.. Can view some pics but not all which is strange???

cheers

Jono

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hope this helps

Hi, have you moved the DB recently? If so, this may help ason a forum I help run (running vbb 2 too) we came across this problem too. If not, ignore me :D Turned out to be an issue in the Admin CP dump function, extended characters wre being munged. :rolleyes:

Problem went away though if you use the mysql utils to do the dump from the original DB obviously, and restore into the new one.

mysqldump -u <username> -p <databasename> attachment > mlr_attachments.sql

Password at the prompt, wait a min then you get the (hopefully correct) sql source. Drop the table and reimport from the dump. Thats what worked for us, hope it works for you guys. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Scrambled pictures should be the least of your worries! I clicked on my MLR web page link, which hung my PC and corrupted the registry :cry:
Finally got it back thru the XP recovery consol two hours later.......

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh no this seems to be quite nasty, hope you guys get it sorted :( ;)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Paul_G said:
Just a shortcut to the site on my toolbar.
Of course my PC self destructing may have been a co-incidence and I'm not implying that it was the MLR servers fault :rolleyes: :compsmash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts