Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right if anyone is a regular they will know I had an overboost problem on my GSR, thought it could have been a new HKS SQV, however the problem was a dodgy solenoid. It was rusted and had becomed jammed open but all is now back to normal, it was cleaned up and put one back on. So to celebrate on the way home a played with a Impreza up to 125mph, biggest smile ive had all year, didnt know what had hit him. Windscreen took a battering though, will now need a new one. By the way the boost had reached 1.5 bar!!!!!!!!!!!! Still have an engine though.
I also now have a full whiteline kit, including front and rear struts, not sure about it yet, definatly different to what it was. Feels lot more relaxed and stable than it was keep you up dated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Al

At 1.5 bar you won't have to worry about the windscreen for long....tame that puppy or you'll be looking at a lump of twisted metal soon! Running the standard I/C, internals and fuelling much over 1 bar needs balls of steel.

Interesting comment about the Whiteline kit, no definite improvement? What wheels did you decide on?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chunky,
Boost is back down to 10psi so back to normal, for now!!!!!!
The whiteline kit is not back at all, the car just goes round corners with none of its usual sponginess, also the tyres need some air. Its like driving a new car.
As for new wheels im going to wait a bit and save some money. Also I have to park the car on the road at the mo, soon it will be in a garage so will get new ones then.
Going out in the car later so will give a report back then.
Cheers
Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts